Where are iCloud Photos?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by photogpab, Sep 18, 2014.

1. photogpab macrumors 6502

photogpab

I have my device set to automatically upload any photo I take to my iCloud drive. There used to be a folder under the photo app that showed all the photos on the drive... the folder is gone.

Under Settings>iCloud>Photos I have "iCloud Photo Library (beta)" turned on as well as "My photo stream"

2. Razeus macrumors 603

Some people seem to have, some don't. I'm in the don't category. All we see is a switch for My Photostream. nothing for iCloud Photo Library (beta). It's strange.

3. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

so I have no way of seeing all the photos that are in the cloud on my iPhone? That's... odd.

4. Razeus macrumors 603

The entire Photos/iCloud release is odd. The worst part is that the OS X/Windows Photos version doens't come out until next year to help solve this mess. :rolleyes:

5. Woodlandstar macrumors member

Think your self lucky you even have these options in your settings. I've got none of that in mine.

6. Fantasigraphic macrumors 65816

Did you do any of the beta testing or using the GM ipsw? That has the ICloud Photo Library (like me). my wife who has same model phone used the public released ipsw and she doesn't have it.

7. Woodlandstar macrumors member

I downloaded the GM version 4 days before public release and I don't have it.

8. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

9. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

I'm using the regular old public release. I just wanna know where my iCloud photos are! Haha

10. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

still dont know where my icloud photos have gone. When I look at the settings app and look at my icloud storage it says I have quite a bit in photo storage... but... where do i see them?!

Very odd.

11. nvmarino macrumors newbie

The iCloud Photo Library option will show up on iOS 8 if you have logged in to iCloud from Yosemite Beta at least once. Took me a while to figure this out and there is obviously massive confusion about this...

12. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

Pirate bay?

----------

Sometimes they take a while to push back down to your phone. This happened to me but that may not be the case here.

13. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

So I guess I'm waiting till Yosemite gets released. But still. If I'm paying $3.99 a month for 200GB's of iCloud storage so that all my photos get synced automatically... Shouldn't they be readily available somewhere?

14. Planey28 macrumors 6502

I was wondering why I had the option since I'm not a developer, thought it must have something to do with the public beta :p

15. ZhenyaF macrumors 6502

So there is no way to get the cloud photos to my phone without accessing Yosemite beta?

16. Fantasigraphic macrumors 65816

Not true. I have iCloud Photo Library on my phone and using Win7