Where are iWeb images and image fills located?!?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Janneke, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Janneke macrumors newbie

I am working with iweb for the first time and want to change the image fills of certain items, but I don't want to use my own pictures - I want to use iWeb images and image fills, such as the blue wallpaper sort of image in the "Bebop" Template, but I can't find them ANYWHERE on my mac.. It's driving me mad and I am beginning to wonder if it's even possible?! :confused::mad::confused:

Please help me!

2. spice weasel macrumors 65816

Your iWeb site is saved as a single database file called "Domain" in User/Library/Application Support/iWeb.

If you want to modify the html code you need to export your site to a folder and then modify the files. Be aware that iWeb does not use very pretty html coding.

3. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

If I understand the question correctly you want to change the actual themes/templates within iWeb to be to your own personal liking? If so, this article will tell you how to do it:

Create iWeb Templates | [11Mystics.com]

Please remember to make a backup of the originals before editing them for "just in case" purposes. :)

4. Janneke thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your replies, but what I am looking for is the location of the images/image fills/wallpapers iWeb uses for its basic templates, so I can use these images and image fills in my own web designs. It's a bit unclear maybe, but do you get what I mean? :eek:

5. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Well that article does contain the relevant info but it's a bit buried if I recall, so here the Reader's Digest version:

1. Find iWeb in your Applications folder
    2. Control click on the app icon and select "Show Package Contents" from the contextual menu
    3. Double click the Contents folder
    4. Double click the Resources folder
    5. Double click the Themes folder
    6. Find the theme you're interested in
    7. Control click on the theme icon and select "Show Package Contents" from the contextual menu
    8. Find the Shared folder
    9. Double click the Shared folder
    10. Behold the treasure :)

Warning: I have iWeb 2.0.4 from iLife '08 and my instructions are based on it, so this might be different if you're using the version from iLife '09.

Also, I would make a copy of anything you want to use rather than working with the actual iWeb files, that way the originals will be untouched and ready for any future use in iWeb.

6. Janneke thread starter macrumors newbie