Where are Mac Office update files located?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by randomgeeza, Dec 19, 2014.

1. randomgeeza, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014

randomgeeza macrumors regular

Does anyone know if and or where the Mac Office update files are kept following download but prior to installation... and do they delete after install? Are they like OS X updates, which self destruct once the installation completes?

I ask because I have limited bandwidth and need to capture them before install, to save on re-downloading.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

You can download the Office for Mac updates separately:
    http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downlo...d=F70273C2-7EC9-4277-9894-A4734C05EFC9#viewer
    In the case of Office for Mac 2011 - All you need is the Service Pack 1, then the latest additional update. All of the 14.2.x through 14.4.x updates are rolled into the most recent update, so likely all you need to add to that is the 14.4.7 Update (or whatever is most current)

3. randomgeeza thread starter macrumors regular

Hi thanks for that... it's appreciated :) However, I'm still curious to learn whether these installers self delete and the location of them prior to installation... If by chance you happen to know....

4. Panch0 macrumors 6502a

Look in /Downloads/Office-mac 2011

mine still contains a .dmg file.

But if you use the link previously provided you should be able to select the download location manually just like any file download.