Where are my amber alerts?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by desertman, Nov 20, 2013.

1. desertman macrumors 6502a

The other day I had a (truncated) amber alert on my iPhone lockscreen and when I unlocked the phone I did not find it anymore.

Where can I find received amber alerts after unlocking the screen?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You must be the only one here who actually wants amber alerts, but did you try checking under Missed in the notification center?

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Amber Alerts will be found when you swipe down Notification Center. Check the All or Missed tabs.

4. desertman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! Found it in the Notification Center (that's not a place I usually go).

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

The first time I got an amber alert it nearly gave me a heart attack. The amber alerts show up for things happening hundreds of miles away.

Do I really need a screaming loud alert just because something happened 100 miles away?

As soon as I received the first alert, I went into settings and disabled it.

6. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

Most such alerts involve car chases, with the target expected to move 100 miles in under 2 hours. The point is to give witnesses the time to digest the info and calibrate perceptions for the target vehicle.

But perhaps future versions will take into account the direction of travel, so we don't disturb your important tv show.

7. Lucille Carter, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013

Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

I shut mine off when I got the phone. It does not matter if the vehicle they are looking for is driving down my street, when I am sleeping I will not see it!

I had one go off a year or so ago and it scared me too. An hour later it went off AGAIN at 3am. It is run by the government so . . . . . .

8. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

When I was traveling this summer I received 2 amber alerts for abducted children while I was in Iowa and Nebraska. I have my own kids, so I left it on. If I have a chance to help someone get their child back, I'll deal with the slight annoyance.