Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AXone1814

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2018
The 'watch now' 'movies' and 'tv shows' tabs browse content on the store. The 'Library' tab only shows my offline (not iTunes purchased) content that I have stored on an external drive that was in my existing iTunes library. I can't seem to find anywhere to browse my purchased movies, I can search the store and play/download but I cant seem to find a way to browse then via the library like you could before and like you can on the Apple TV.

I feel like I must be missing something obvious here?

wuush

macrumors member
May 4, 2014
mine are there even when they are in the cloud.
it's in german

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-08 um 12.26.21.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-08 um 12.26.21.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 133

Duncan-UK

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2006
I have the same problem. Only way to see them is to click on the purchases option within the account menu. All seems horribly arse about face but then that’s the tv app for you. The curse of Cue...

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
The 'watch now' 'movies' and 'tv shows' tabs browse content on the store. The 'Library' tab only shows my offline (not iTunes purchased) content that I have stored on an external drive that was in my existing iTunes library. I can't seem to find anywhere to browse my purchased movies, I can search the store and play/download but I cant seem to find a way to browse then via the library like you could before and like you can on the Apple TV.

I feel like I must be missing something obvious here?

In my case I use a separate iCloud login for my calendar, contacts, photos, etc. then I do for purchases. In prior versions of MacOS it was easy to tell the system you used 2 different logins. Not so in Catalina as I've found. In TV.app and Music.app I had to Log Out under accounts because they had both automatically logged me into the 'wrong' account. I then logged in using my purchasing account, and all was restored...

AXone1814

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2018
I have the same problem. Only way to see them is to click on the purchases option within the account menu. All seems horribly arse about face but then that’s the tv app for you. The curse of Cue...
My purchases all appeared shortly after a made this thread. I think it was just still syncing and loading everything. Hopefully yours does the same.

ascender

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2005
Same here, only way I can find purchased items is to search for them - my offline library items appear in the sidebar but nothing else.

mdragoni

macrumors member
May 10, 2010
Syracuse NY
This is still ongoing as you can see from this 5 page long thread on Apple Support: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250714701

I contacted Apple Support just to let them know about the issue and add to the growing list of people who have complained. I think this will require some kind of update either to Catalina or to the iTunes Servers. In my experience this is directly related to large libraries. My Music app's iTunes in the Cloud loads fine but it is very small, my TV app purchases are in the hundreds.

Reactions: h3nrch

h3nrch

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2008
Same problem here. Everything works fine across tvOS and iOS devices. I've been struggling with this for a month or so. My late-2018 MBP 15 and my newer Mac mini both suffer the same issue. The TV app library is missing all purchases. Interestingly, I tried a recent copy of Windows 10 on a separate machine and it shows an error when attempting to download the list of my Purchases.

However, my purchases display fine on my older 2017 MBP 13 Esc and 2017 MB. Interestingly, the 2017 MBP 13 was upgraded to Catalina 10.15.1 from the last Mojave beta and the 2017 MB was upgraded to Catalina 10.15.1 from a late Catalina beta.

On a hunch, I tried reformatting my 2018 MBP 15 and setting it up from scratch - but this yielded the same empty library. FWIW, I have nearly 2900 movies and 250 TV series.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.