Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cramazing

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Just got a new 13" RMBP and while im setting it up, i notice my media fodlers are not in Finder, Pictures, Movies, and Music, where are they????

im trying to load my media files in it but cant find it, please help!!

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
Music is in iTunes under Music

Movies are in a "package" called iMovie Library.imovielibrary in Movies (right-click and select "show package contents") unless you have the older iMovie in which case they are in iMovie Events and iMovie Projects folders in Movies.

Photos are in a package called iPhoto Library in Pictures.

cramazing

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Music is in iTunes under Music

Movies are in a "package" called iMovie Library.imovielibrary in Movies (right-click and select "show package contents") unless you have the older iMovie in which case they are in iMovie Events and iMovie Projects folders in Movies.

Photos are in a package called iPhoto Library in Pictures.

they are not there, when i open finder, none of the folders are showing up.
I update everything to the newest version.

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
Did you run iTunes, iMovie, iPhoto? The libraries won't appear until the first time you run the apps.

If you are moving media from another computer, it's usually easiest to run Migration Assistant. Or you can use the Import command from within the applications.

cramazing

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Did you run iTunes, iMovie, iPhoto? The libraries won't appear until the first time you run the apps.

If you are moving media from another computer, it's usually easiest to run Migration Assistant. Or you can use the Import command from within the applications.

yup i ran them, i even drag a few files from my external drive into itunes and itunes plays the music, but i cant find the folder still

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.