Where are my notes?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by JustinBW, Oct 30, 2013.

1. JustinBW macrumors member

I just upgraded to 10.9 and I don't see my notes in my mail app. I checked the notes app and I don't see them in there either.

My notes are still on my iPhone however, but I need them to show up on my computer as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Not in email anymore, it'd be the notes app.

Check the settings on your phone and computer to make sure that syncing for notes is turned on under iCloud.

3. JustinBW thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I checked on my phone and they are synced under iCould and I checked iCloud on my comp and they are also synced there.

I did however that notes seems to have 'Updating..." in the title bar and has been like that for a 10 mins +...

4. JustinBW thread starter macrumors member

Is there any reason why in the notes app there is a section for every single email account on my computer?

Is there a way to remove these emails accounts in the notes app; because I don't make notes with other email account and those email accounts aren't even on my phone.

----------

Ok all I needed to do was go to iCloud settings, uncheck notes and recheck it. That brought my notes onto my new Mavericks install.

To remove the accounts in notes (that were not needed) I went into settings > Internet Accounts and then unchecked the notes box by the associated accounts.

All good now:)

Now if I could only figure out why it creates a new note every time I open the app...