Where are my shortcuts "centrally located"?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by liam.berlin, Sep 14, 2015.

1. liam.berlin macrumors regular

liam.berlin

I typed 1email and my main e-mail address appears. I love it. But then, I changed my main e-mail and when I typed 1email I wanted the new address to appear. I changed it on my iPhone... but some time later the old one started to reappear. I went back into the settings and it is as if they had changed back! I found where the shortcuts were on my Mac and changed them there... but the same thing happened. What do I do? Is there somewhere where these shortcuts are centrally stored?! Thanks for your help.

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Are you using Apples email program or a third party email program? Just for clarification because I have a feeling this information will be stored in different locations depending on the program you are using.

3. liam.berlin thread starter macrumors regular

liam.berlin

No I just used the shortcut 1email as an example of a shortcut. I mean keyboard shortcuts, Settings, Keyboards, Shortcuts...

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Oh, you want to know where all the short cut keys are located:

Apple in upper left corner: System Preferences: Keyboard, then select the Keyboard Shortcut tab.

5. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

If you used the email built-in then open that program, go to the Mail menu item ' Window' and in the drop-down select 'Previous Receipts' and modify the shortcut or delete it.

6. liam.berlin thread starter macrumors regular

liam.berlin

Can someone please read the original post?!
    My question is, when I go there and edit my shortcuts, or when I edit them on my iPhone, why do they keep reverting back to the original shortcuts?

Huh?

7. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

If you use iCloud servers on OS X and then if you do this on your Mac, the changes will move over.

8. liam.berlin thread starter macrumors regular

liam.berlin

Thanks for the reply. Where do I go to do this? I only know how to find the shortcuts on my Mac via System Preferences, and if I change the shortcuts that way then they always revert back.