Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thingee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2011
I am going crazy trying to restore my iPad and could really use some help. I have followed all the instructions to back up my blobs and can see them in TinyUmbrella. My iPad is in DFU mode and I am ready to restore. I option-click the restore button in iTunes, a Finder window comes up for me to pick a backup source, and I CANNOT FIND IT! Where the heck do I navigate to?

In TinyUmbrella, the save directory shows as /Users/MyName/.shsh but there is no such directory that I can find. Am I up the creek here?

Thanks so much if anyone can help.

kalex

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2007
I am going crazy trying to restore my iPad and could really use some help. I have followed all the instructions to back up my blobs and can see them in TinyUmbrella. My iPad is in DFU mode and I am ready to restore. I option-click the restore button in iTunes, a Finder window comes up for me to pick a backup source, and I CANNOT FIND IT! Where the heck do I navigate to?

In TinyUmbrella, the save directory shows as /Users/MyName/.shsh but there is no such directory that I can find. Am I up the creek here?

Thanks so much if anyone can help.

When you option click in itunes u have to point it to the firmware u want to restore not your shsh. In order to restore it you need to start TSS server in tiny umbrella. Once server is running, then u option click in itunes select firmware file u want to load and click restore.
.shsh is a hidden directory on OSX. In finder click on Go --> Go to folder --> and paste the path that tinyumbrella shows u. It will open that folder for u

TadG

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2013
Hard Drive --> Users --> Your Name --> .shsh

You will need to have hidden files showing.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Hard Drive --> Users --> Your Name --> .shsh

You will need to have hidden files showing.

newb.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.