Where are my videos?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ssams, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Ssams macrumors newbie

I am syncing my videos on imac with my ipad. Where are my videos on the ipad? Mostly all my videos are from my camera, some from iphoto.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The dingo ate your videos.

They're in the iPod app.

3. X2thaP macrumors member

First of all: where are your videos located on your iMac? You say you have some in iPhoto, but where are the others?
    Did you import these directly into iTunes? If so, when you do cmd+i (show info) on these videos, which type are they (Movie, TV-Show or Music Video)?

- The videos that were in iPhoto and were synced through iTunes will definitely be in your Photos app on your iPad.
    - Videos that are of the Movie or TV-Show type will definitely be in your Videos app on your iPad.
    - As for videos of the Music Video type, I don't know as I put my Music Videos as a TV-Show type. On an iPhone and iPod Touch,
    they are in the iPod app. But because there is no Videos section in the iPod app on the iPad, I don't know an answer to this part.

@ -aggie-: are you sure the other videos are in the iPod app?? Because I do not see a video section in the iPod app on the iPad
    (on iPhone and iPod Touch it's there). All my videos are either TV-Shows/Movies which show up in the Videos app or homemade movies
    (shot with iPhone4) that are in an iPhoto album, so these are in the Photos app. In other words, I have no videos that are something that
    should show up in the iPod app, so I cannot test this. But as far as I know, the only videos that could classify would be categorized as
    Music Videos in iTunes.