Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xi mezmerize ix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 24, 2010
Maryland, USA
I am having image issues when I play any of the crysis games (the only games I have). Random, irregular, odd shapes and lines start popping up on my screen. Everyone keeps telling that it is because i need to update my nvidia driver, but they never work and cant install. the driver i have now is the one from bootcamp. i just got my mbp a month ago and i hope it isnt a hardware issue. there are no screen problems when i am doing anything else. where can i find updated drivers that will work on my mbp in windows xp?

Erasmus

macrumors 68030
Jun 22, 2006
Australia
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com

Worked for me.

EDIT: You have to go on the forums, look for a new driver that has good reviews, download the driver, the new .inf (or .ini or whatever it is) and swap it for the one in the driver package. Then uninstall your old driver, and install the new one.

xi mezmerize ix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 24, 2010
Maryland, USA
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com

Worked for me.

EDIT: You have to go on the forums, look for a new driver that has good reviews, download the driver, the new .inf (or .ini or whatever it is) and swap it for the one in the driver package. Then uninstall your old driver, and install the new one.

thanks. im not really a windows savvy guy though. could u guide me through the steps to do this?

Erasmus

macrumors 68030
Jun 22, 2006
Australia
thanks. im not really a windows savvy guy though. could u guide me through the steps to do this?

Not more than I outlined in my above post.

1) Find the driver you want to install
2) Download driver and .inf file
3) Extract driver archive (I think they are .7z or something? So you might need a de-compressor, but it's free from the net)
4) Put .inf file into driver directory
5) In your system prefs, I think there's an app manager, where you can uninstall your old drivers. I've only done this in XP. But do this somehow.
6) Open the setup file in the driver directory, and let installation proceed.
7) Some restarts during and after this process may be required.
8) Open and play Crysis

xi mezmerize ix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 24, 2010
Maryland, USA
Not more than I outlined in my above post.

1) Find the driver you want to install
2) Download driver and .inf file
3) Extract driver archive (I think they are .7z or something? So you might need a de-compressor, but it's free from the net)
4) Put .inf file into driver directory
5) In your system prefs, I think there's an app manager, where you can uninstall your old drivers. I've only done this in XP. But do this somehow.
6) Open the setup file in the driver directory, and let installation proceed.
7) Some restarts during and after this process may be required.
8) Open and play Crysis

Ok thanx. Is the "driver directory" just the extracted folder containing everything? And, am i supposed to be looking at the drivers for "nvidia notebook oem", or something else?

Erasmus

macrumors 68030
Jun 22, 2006
Australia
Ok thanx. Is the "driver directory" just the extracted folder containing everything? And, am i supposed to be looking at the drivers for "nvidia notebook oem", or something else?

1) extracted folder, yes.
2) I would search the forums for your computer, and find the driver that looks the best from what people say who have your computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.