Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrs HBF

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
I bought a MBA 13" 256GB on Thanksgiving weekend to replace my 2010 MBP. Yesterday I updated to 10.12 and now Pages, Keynote & Numbers are gone with large question marks now replacing them on the dock where they used to be before the 10.12 update. My Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel & Powerpoint) from my 2010 MBP are still on my MBA after the 10.12 update but Apple's software isn't??

Where did they go? More importantly, how do I get the software back?

stockscalper

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2003
Area 51
I had the same thing happen to other Apple apps, like Garage Band. I had to go into the Apple Store and download them again.

Mrs HBF

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
Will they charge me again? What about my Keynote and Pages documents? (I never used Numbers.)

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I bought a MBA 13" 256GB on Thanksgiving weekend to replace my 2010 MBP. Yesterday I updated to 10.12 and now Pages, Keynote & Numbers are gone with large question marks now replacing them on the dock where they used to be before the 10.12 update. My Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel & Powerpoint) from my 2010 MBP are still on my MBA after the 10.12 update but Apple's software isn't??

Where did they go? More importantly, how do I get the software back?
They aren't gone. They are still in the Applications folder. The question mark in the Dock just means that for some reason the links to the apps was broken. You can remove those question marks icons by right clicking and then re-add the Apple apps by dragging their icons from the Applications folder back onto the Dock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.