where are photos imported through iPhoto located?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by felixen, May 10, 2009.

1. felixen macrumors 6502a

Just imported a few images, and I don't know where they are located on the computer. I would like to know where they are so I can drag them into my photo folder.

Also, my phone camera supports geo-tagging. I have a bunch of pictures I took with geotagging on, and it works fine on the phone. On iPhotos though, only a very little portion of these pictures appear in the "Places" section. If I find a picture in iPhoto and hit the info button and hit location, it doesn't show up on the map, even though it works just fine on my phone (C905). Why doesn't it work properly?

2. bartelby macrumors Core

The iPhoto Library.

User--->Pictures ---> iPhoto Library.

right click and show contents.

3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

You can pull the photos out through iPhoto to your desktop. I wouldn't recommend digging around in the iPhoto Library "folder" too much unless you know what you're doing.

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

What do mean your photo folder? iPhoto imports the photos into it's library by default.

Sounds like your phone doesn't create the geotag properly.

5. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

^I have a different folder for different occasions such as vacation, xmas and so on, and then I have one for all my "everyday pictures" I take once in a while. On my windows comp I used some adope program that came with my phone, and in there I would mark all the pictures and choose the folder called "Digital Photos" for these "everyday pictures".

All I wanna do is continue to put my everyday pictures into the "Digital Photos" folder (Which is located in documents/pictures/adope/digital photos)

I see someone said I could just drag them, but he also said I shouldn't mess around too much.. Is it safe to drag them from my iPhoto and into the "Digital Photos" folder?

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Yes ... but you might end up with two copies, one in iPhoto library, one in your photos. What are your iPhoto settings?

Attached Files:

7. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Identical to yours. I'm guessing I should uncheck the very first box and then I can drag the pictures I want from iPhoto and into the folder I want..?

8. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Yes. And I'd recommend starting over with your iPhoto as well ... once you are sure all the photos are in the correct folder ... Create a new library, import all the photos, without the Copy box checked and delete the old library.

9. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

aight cool. What is colorsync profile though? says I cant use it if I uncheck the first box

10. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It's a color profile option. If the photo is not copied to the library, iPhoto cannot add color profile info.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1025