Where are printer presets located?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by southerndoc, Oct 21, 2008.

1. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

I have several printer presents for my color laser printer (600 dpi duplex, 600 dpi, 1200 dpi duplex, 1200 dpi, presentation quality, etc.).

Does anyone know where these are located so I can copy them to move to my new MacBook?

Thanks!

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Your printer wouldn't happen to have a brand name or model number, would it?

3. southerndoc thread starter macrumors 65816

southerndoc

I'm not talking about device drivers. Already installed that. (It's for a Ricoh Aficio C400DN and a Canon imageCLASS 6590.)

I'm talking about the profiles I have set up -- i.e., for the Ricoh, it's "Color Duplex 1200dpi" and "Color Duplex 600dpi" and so forth, including single-sided profiles. For the imageCLASS, it's "imageCLASS Duplex" and then standard one for printing on only one side of the page.

At any rate, it's a moot point. I just recreated the profiles. After Googling it, it appears I'm not the only one who also had questions related to this. Nonetheless, I never found where they were located and how to copy them. (My previous laptop wasn't set up for this, and I used migration assistant to move files from the laptop since I have a lot of apps on my desktop that I do not want on my laptop.)