Where are the 30,000 plus iTunes ringtones?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Battlefield Fan, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Battlefield Fan macrumors 65816

Battlefield Fan

After looking around the apple store the 30,000 ringtones that they promised are no where to be found. What gives?

2. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

I found them only on the iPhone. Go to 'More' under the iTunes Store menu and they are there. Pretty crappy selection right now though. Not impressed at all.

3. pol0001 macrumors 6502

pol0001

Maybe they are offering them only in the US, like the new LPs. Nothing here in the Netherlands. (But I am not surprised. They're not even selling music videos here. No wonder no one is buying the AppleTV here.)

4. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

The fact you can't simply create a selection of any tune in your library, purchased or not and simply reference the original file, not even resorting to conversion is beyond me.

phones over 5 years old with mp3/mp4 playback can simply designate ANY audio file as ringtone/text tone.

The reason Apple is making this simple feature so difficult is so they can squeeze every last bit of cash out of their customers.

5. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

1. I agree.

2. I didnt realise iPhone users couldnt assign their own mp3's as ringtones! I'mean ive grown old of using songs as ringtones but still thats lame of apple.

6. Pete99 macrumors newbie

You can - you have to save it as a ringtone in garageband then import into itunes etc etc.