Where are the 4k iMac threads?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by satchmo, Dec 26, 2015.

1. satchmo macrumors 68000

Although I have issues with the 4K iMac, I still like its screen size. And it's still cheaper than the 27"

I came here looking for some user experiences with the 4k iMac only to find only one or two.

Is this a sign that it's not selling well among the Apple faithful?

2. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

I didn't even know there was a 4K iMac until now. All the hype has been about the 5k 27 inch iMac. I think the majority of iMac buyers go for the 27 inch.

3. MadDane macrumors 6502a

It seems like the vast majority of people in here ends up with the 27". They are priced relatively similar and you get a lot better hardware, the option to upgrade the RAM later on and so on. So I think that is why.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I for one opted for the 27" for that very reason. Once I got the iMac configured the way I wanted too, the price was such that it was a no brainer for me to get the 5k. Better hardware was the major draw, i.e., dGPU and skylake.

5. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I love the size of the 21" iMac; I have a 2011 21" as my main machine. I'm just not a huge fan that the current crop of 21" machines are non-upgradable so far as Apple is concerned. I'll be using my 2011 for years to come, then decide what needs to be done.

6. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Would have considered it if we had the option of a discrete graphics card. Without that, it's a non starter for me

7. Nospig macrumors member

I had been waiting quite some time for an upgrade to my 2008 21", was very disappointed with the new model so I decided to switch and built a PC instead. The 27" doesn't do much for me as for my work I find having 2 screens much more useful than one big one, it's also just too expensive and with bad service support where I live.

8. desmond2046 macrumors regular

desmond2046

Apple should have discontinued the non-retina iMac and priced the 4K iMac at around $1200.