Where are the air intakes on a 13.3" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zoziw, Aug 22, 2009.

1. zoziw macrumors member

zoziw

My wife wants to buy me a MBP for my birthday next month...at first I told her that I was still happy with my iBook and not to bother...later, when I came to my senses, I changed my mind.

One of my favourite things about my iBook is that there are no air intakes on the bottom of the computer. This is much better than both my personal HP laptop and work Dell that have their air intakes on the bottom and easily blocked if they are on my lap, a tablecloth, bed, carpet, the kitchen table (which my wife insists on wrapping in plastic).

Are there any air intakes on the bottom of the new 13.3" MBP?

My least favourite thing about my iBook is the speakers...they don't sound very good and there are many times that I can't get the volume high enough to hear things comfortably...and I don't have any hearing problems.

How are the speakers on the 13.3" MBP and can you crank them up to a decent level?

Thanks,

2. RonCarr macrumors regular

RonCarr

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

They are hidden an the back, not the bottom, between the screen hinges. As for the speakers, they are really not all that bad. If you are in a very large room with high walls then it will seem low.

3. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I believe the Air is the only laptop with bottom vents.

4. zwaldowski macrumors member

Google is your friend.

No, the MacBook Pro has no bottom air intakes for you to clog up with your blankets, jeans, or fluffy legs (what? :rolleyes: ). They're in the hinges, but watch out. The back-left (I think graphics processor) heats up very fast no matter what surface (but is obviously exacerbated in the aforementioned conditions). Especially on battery, the newer MBP's only kick up their fans if they really need to. I love my ultra-long battery, though.

5. p3ncil macrumors regular

[​IMG]

couldn't find a good image.
    So i think this is the best. It's near the hinge area.

6. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

edited some pics to show the same model and where both the intake and outlet for air is.

[​IMG] [​IMG]