Where are the Airport cables?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Genghis Khan, May 14, 2009.

1. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

Hey guys,
    This is the inside of my mac pro.

I've recently acquired an airport card, but i can't find the cables needed...any help please.

Thanks,
    - Michael

2. hatehereyes macrumors 6502a

hatehereyes

Try following your bluetooth cable and see if they're somewhere around there.

Usually they're hiding between the logic board and sata connectors.

3. Genghis Khan thread starter macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

hmm...so far i've only found SATA connectors to the right of where the bluetooth cable disappears...and fixed cables to the left

i've read that the airport cables are meant to be behind the logic board below HDD bay 2...i've put my finger behind their and found nothing...

4. hatehereyes macrumors 6502a

hatehereyes

Try using something small like a pick or something to see if you can pull out any loose cables.

Maybe they just feel behind the logic board.

It'd be crazy if they "forgot" to include the airport cables.

5. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

The wires are tucked away behind the logic board, close to the Bluetooth wire. They're harnessed together as three wires labeled 1, 2 and 3. I used a small jeweler's screwdriver to feel for the wires and gently pull them out of their "hiding place."

And IIRC from doing mine, you connect wires 1 and 3 (the shorter wire to the top connector and the longer one to the bottom connector). Wire 2 gets tucked away.

Snapping the wires on the card is a PITA and takes lots of patience. It helps to connect the wires to the card first and then mount it in the socket.