Where are the Apple watch production leak pictures?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Locoboof, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Usually by now we'd see some pictures off the assembly line or something,right? Also no pictures of the box at all? I'm impressed at apple keeping this under their hat so well.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

No.

3. bluechair1984 macrumors regular

What is there to leak? They've already shown us exactly what it looks like.

4. Tycho24 Suspended

Tycho24

Out of sheer curiosity (I don't have a spare $10k!) I'd like to see the fancy charging stand/box that comes with Edition.

5. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Yes. During the whole building process of the iPhone 6 we saw manufacturing pics the whole way.

----------

The box....the box and charging stand for the edition watch. Assembly line production....etc. users manual.

----------

This!

6. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Apple themselves released video of the watch parts in production, we even have detailed pictures of the electronics. I'd guess the factory workers just don't think it worth their jobs to reveal bits that people already know about :)

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

People don't have the incentive to leak the production models as we all know what they look like since their unveiling 6 or so months ago. We'd all be like "Duh, we already know. Whoo hoo!"

However, we did get a few leaked pictures. Not as extensive because Apple has a 6 month lead time between the unveiling and the mass production, in contrast to the one week lead time between the unveiling of iPhone 6 and preordering.

8. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Everyone made fun of Tim about "doubling down on secrecy", but they clearly have.

I recall seeing only one picture of an Apple Watch case a few hours before the unveil in September (and that could've been a controlled leak). Other than that, we knew literally nothing other than rumors.

Remember all of the leaked photos of the new MacBook? No? Oh, right - because there weren't any. Closest thing we got were renders based on information Mark Gurman heard.

They are keeping things very tight.

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No, they haven't. The iPhone 6 was leaked left and right. There's just no incentive to leak anything on the Watch now as Apple has already unveiled it.

The bigger the unknown, the more likely something will be leaked (especially once it enters mass production). I bet that at least the box will be leaked in the next month or so as that's still an unknown.

10. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

There's a difference between the iPhone and other products. It actually behooves Apple in many cases to allow leaks of the iPhone to keep demand high and avoid people jumping ship for Android. It is an established product - they're not giving up much if it leaks.

New products like the Apple Watch and the MacBook are different stories. We saw nothing of them compared to past leaks for other products.

I have no doubt we'll see the box and all kinds of images for the watch, but that's probably because Apple wants people to see them. There is a huge appetite for "inside information", so they give people what they want - but only when they're ready. The notion that Apple does "controlled leaks" is very well-established. I don't know why people can't wrap their heads around the idea that they are master manipulators and do so regularly.

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That doesn't mean Apple clearly has doubled down on secrecy. It's much more difficult to leak something when it has not entered mass production, way back in September, and the incentive is no longer there now that it's officially unveiled.

12. NeutralGeek macrumors regular

That is news to me. There was nothing as in nothing got leaked if I remember correctly before the September 2014 event. It was the most pleasant suprise. Now please show us a link who leaked it before that event.

I think the same thing is happening up to this point with the final packaging box choice etc. They have it under control until it is time for imminent mass production. Maybe in a few days such leaks will pour in the blogosphere.

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

14. NeutralGeek macrumors regular

Yeah, saw that schematics leak but there was no actual rendering or AW case on hand leaks.

Many could not make out what 'iWatch' will really look like out of that or were suspecting it was a fake leak.

----------

It turned out to be real and that is the closest to the real thing.

And I am (not the only one) almost 100% sure that it is a self-leak from Apple. Last-minute hype / PR strategy by Apple. I am not saying they were not in anyway involved with the past leaks. :D

15. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

At least it was the best they could do as the Watch has not entered mass production back in September, when there was the greatest incentive to leak something. Nobody seems to care anymore after the official unveiling.

16. NeutralGeek macrumors regular

Agreed. I also posted - it was a last-minute hype / PR self-leak originated from Apple. :D

17. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Where are the Apple watch production leak pictures?

Who knows,maybe in just overly excited :)
    I'd love to see anything. The actual box for every version of apple watch. The package for a stand alone band. Anything. Lol
    Even though we know all about something,people still post pics of their box or packaging the day it arrives in their hands.

Lol.... I remember people showing the packaging to the bumpers arriving before the iPhone's with the iPhone 4. . Or when lighting cables first arrived at homes before the iPhone 5 was released.
    Also... I think there was a post on the main page about a possible watch band case a few days ago. It was spotted in a pic (in the background) for a job posting at Apple or something like that. Anyways,I'm just very eager. Lol

18. thekeyring macrumors 68040

There are many, many more iPhones than there are Apple Watches being made, so it's easier to keep it secret.

19. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

True.... True...... I guess I'm just eager to see something,anything. Lol

20. bumpylumpy macrumors member

I think the only thing people on this forum would be excited about getting leaked is a page showing how many of each watch and strap combo are getting made! ;)

21. thekeyring macrumors 68040

I know :) Also, I guess the incentive to leak the watch is gone, as Apple have shown it off already (unlike pre-iPhone 6 announcement).

It's easy to forget the amount of stuff that ISN'T leaked.

22. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Funny... On the front page of MR they have a unboxing video leak. Lol