Where are the apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by M1thousand, Nov 4, 2010.

1. M1thousand, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010

M1thousand macrumors newbie

I have had Itunes and Touch and everything was fine.
    I did a clean install (wipes the hard drive clean) because my computer had some issues.

I had the apps on an 1 terabyte external hard drive so I wouldnt lose any data.
    My computer is back and I installed Itunes. My apps are back.
    The directory is on the c drive and not the external drive.

I downloaded about 40 apps from a website and I noticed that they were no where. I tried again and I watched apps as they downloaded.

For example, I downloaded this app http://itunes.apple.com/app/panolab/id290886481?mt=8
    I click on the link and that takes you to the page where it says "view in itunes" but then the Itunes program pops up and I click on that button that says "free app"

After that, I "transferred purchases from admin's Ipod". I then synced the Touch.
    When I looked in Touch, there were no new apps.

I placed all my apps in folders because I was downloading 40+ apps and I wanted to make sure there was enough spaces for the app's icons.

Any idea what Im doing wrong?

Also,
    I was in "wiggle mode" (when the apps shake) and I think I deleted the music folder. Can I get it back?

Thanks

2. ghostshadow macrumors regular

ghostshadow

You can't delete the Music app, you must have put it in a folder somewhere on the device.

You might want to check to see if you have app syncing turned on in the iTunes management of the device. Otherwise you won't be able to copy your apps over to the device when you sync.

[​IMG]

3. M1thousand thread starter macrumors newbie

This is what mine looks like.
    Im going to start fresh and download the apps that werent downloading and then add the other apps back

[​IMG]

4. M1thousand thread starter macrumors newbie

I uninstalled Itunes and started from scratch. I downloaded some of the new apps I had downloaded to see if it would appear on Touch. It did

Ill have to add the other apps which sit safely on an external hard drive

Im hoping that when I download some music the music folder will reappear. I didnt see it on my device

Thanks