Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

curly14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Hey just did the download on iTunes 9 and launched the app store but i don't see the list of categories... anyone ;)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Alongside vertical scroll (welcome back 90's) there is a drop down and what appears to be nothing else.
Screen shot 2009-09-09 at 11.30.03 PM.png

TaskerApp

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2009
Bad News

This is pretty bad news for a lot of third party developers that depend on the category pages. The traffic to those pages of the app store will probably drop by at least half because of this. I hope they add some better navigation in the app store in the future.

-Scott
TaskerApp.com

return7

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
This is pretty bad news for a lot of third party developers that depend on the category pages. The traffic to those pages of the app store will probably drop by at least half because of this. I hope they add some better navigation in the app store in the future.

-Scott
TaskerApp.com

My understanding is about 90% of folks purchase on the phone itself (not sure where I got that stat) so it shouldn't hurt devs too much. *knock on wood* :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.