where are the ipod touches!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iwantatouch, Sep 30, 2007.

1. iwantatouch macrumors newbie

The release date was supposedly the 28th but some were sold in stores before. Now that it's after the date, there are still none in stores. Best Buy has no idea when they're getting more. Ordering online says it will take 7-10 days to leave the warehouse while other ipods ship within 24 hours. Searching bestbuy.com there doesn't seem to be a single touch in any of their stores right now. How can I get one? Is apple trying to be clever or are they just disorganized (maybe the screen fiasco put them back?) Either way, it's unfair to people who ordered early online to sell some randomly in the store. It's also obnoxious to throw the the 28th release date out the window.

I'm angry and I want one now. Thoughts?

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

The release date was never the 28th. They just said that the early online orders would SHIP by the 28th. And they did. It sounds like your mad because you can't get what you want right when you want it.

3. TimJim macrumors 6502a

i went to the apple store on the 29th and they were there.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yes.

Attached Files:

5. pushateg7 macrumors member

apple stores in deer park and schaumburg IL had 16gbs in stock as of Friday. Currently typing from my baby 16gb LOVE it!

6. iwantatouch thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, i'll admit: I'm being a big cry baby (good picture, by the way). But when they announced the new ipods, all but the touch were "shipping today" meaning that they were in stores within a couple days. They then said the ipod touch was shipping by September 28th and I don't think it's insane to assume that they would be in most stores by the end of that weekend. The closet apple store to me is an hour away and they're sold out too.

I really don't want to have to fight for a touch like people used to for Wii's. I'd order one online but I think that would take a long time too.

7. pushateg7 macrumors member

didnt fight at all walked in and out of the deer park apple store at 845pm, in about 10 mins. Called a couple of stores beforehand and they only had 16gbs in stock.

At least you can order the touch online very unlike the wii. So thats a pretty bad comparison

8. iwantatouch thread starter macrumors newbie

none of you said where I can get a touch now or when best buy will have them. And not only do I not live near an apple store, but they don't have them either. If you have nothing better to do than argue about whether the wii is a good comparison or paste pictures of babies (you pervert), why would you even read this thread?

9. aethelbert macrumors 601

How on earth would we know when best buy would get them in? You didn't even state your location...

Patience is a virtue. Just because you can't get what you want when you want it doesn't mean that you should come crying on a forum.

10. mithykal macrumors regular

lmao, if thats his line as a come back..i'd hate to see him when he is really angry :rolleyes:

11. colincampbell macrumors newbie

How are we supposed to know where you live? State your city.

12. savar macrumors 68000

savar

I think it is stupid to ship to stores before shipping the pre-orders. The people who went online and pre-ordered the day they were announced probably did so because they wanted to be the first ones to have it -- fair enough. Unless you got engraving, you should have been able to get your phone shipped before they showed up in stores.

Anyway, I have never pre-ordered anything from Apple. I just hounded the Best Buy and Apple stores in my area until I found one. I suggest you use the Best Buy website. Check it every morning to see if any in your area got them in stock. They're not on display so once you see them in stock you need to go in person and ask a sales associate to get one for you.

13. kendo26 macrumors newbie

Got mine yesterday (the '29th) at the Michigan Avenue Apple store. They only had the 16gb models. It's a week 37 but it doesn't seem to have any screen problems and I'm happy:)