Where are the new iPods shipped from ?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by MRU, Sep 10, 2007.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Just wondering, are they shipped from Shanghai or some other god forsaken central distribution hub ? :)

My 160classic shipped on the 8th but no tracking details are appearing on apecode or tnt's website.

2. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Some Chinese factory just after the last coat of lead-based paint has dried.

Seriously though, I thought it was Shanghi?

Lucky you as well, you got tnt, UPS are ****ing useless.

3. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah they certainly are.

Nearly EVERY apple product we have had shipped via UPS has managed to spend 5 or 6 days lost in transit.

Our last macbook, spent 10 days flying between UK / Germany / Ireland back and forth before they finally got the right airport in Ireland....

It was brain wrecking...

4. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

lol.

My Apple keyboard was the last thing that got shipped via UPS. I missed them, so I rang the number it told me to and arranged to pick it up the following business day (This happened to be monday) since they don't work weekends.

I got to the depot on Monday evening (turns out you can only pick it up between 5-7pm) to find they had no record of me, no one had faxed any details through since Thursday and they had just sent it back out on a van to my house.

Of course, as I was there trying to collect it there was no one home. I flipped and the delivery driver waited at my house 30mins until I got home to sign for it. :)

Hope the same guy doesn't deliver my touch. He'll prolly kick it up my drive. :eek:

5. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

I ordered my 160GB right after the keynote. It's coming from Shanghai -- it's being delivered today!

Attached Files:

6. mckvakk macrumors regular

Nanos, at least the european ones are sent from the netherlands with TNT..

10 sep 2007 12:38 Eindhoven Consignment Received At Transit Point

Ordered it on the night of the keynote..

7. 8bitrevolution macrumors member

New iPods are leaving from Shanghai, China.

I'd rather have UPS deliver my stuff than FedEx any day (but I'm in the states). FedEx annoys the hell out of me - they'll let my package sent in a facility for 5 days and then bring it half way across the country in 12 hours. They never deliver ahead of schedule.

I ordered my iPod classic after the keynote and it came in Friday. UPS rocks. Also, UPS tends to deliver well ahead of their scheduled delivery date. But like I said, I'm in the states so maybe it's different elsewhere.

8. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Just got an update on Apple tracking. Delivery date changed from 13th to..... tommorow 11th :D

Finally appeared on TNT - seems to have shipped from Nuneton UK :D