Where are the photos stored when done syncing on a Windows PC?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Imola Ghost, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

I'm helping a friend and I don't use PC's. He just had his iPHone 4 replaced and before he replaced it, he sync'd it to his laptop PC.

When he got his new phone he sat it up as new so the photos aren't located on his iPHone 4 any longer. He want to organize the photos and we can't locate where there are on his computer.

Any help?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The computer treats the iPhone like any other digital camera. Meaning: He has to import the photos using either a photo program of the 'My Computer' camera importer.

If he didn't do that then the photos aren't there. iTunes doesn't import photos.

It's possible that if he restores the phone from a backup that the photos will then be on the phone and he can import them at that point. I can't promise, but that's the best bet at this point.

3. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm doing the restore now to see if it gets them back on the iphone and then he can IMPORT them like he does with his camera.

4. wacky4alanis macrumors 6502

That should work. Photos in your "Camera Roll" are backed up. The restore from the old backup should retrieve them. If you want to put them into a directory on his PC so he can view them there, then you need to do what the other person said.

5. curmudgen macrumors member

whats the deal then when I see importing pictures box as part of the i-tunes sync?

6. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

it imports the camera roll photos