Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Imola Ghost

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
I'm helping a friend and I don't use PC's. He just had his iPHone 4 replaced and before he replaced it, he sync'd it to his laptop PC.

When he got his new phone he sat it up as new so the photos aren't located on his iPHone 4 any longer. He want to organize the photos and we can't locate where there are on his computer.

Any help?

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
The computer treats the iPhone like any other digital camera. Meaning: He has to import the photos using either a photo program of the 'My Computer' camera importer.

If he didn't do that then the photos aren't there. iTunes doesn't import photos.

It's possible that if he restores the phone from a backup that the photos will then be on the phone and he can import them at that point. I can't promise, but that's the best bet at this point.

Imola Ghost

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
I'm doing the restore now to see if it gets them back on the iphone and then he can IMPORT them like he does with his camera.

wacky4alanis

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2009
That should work. Photos in your "Camera Roll" are backed up. The restore from the old backup should retrieve them. If you want to put them into a directory on his PC so he can view them there, then you need to do what the other person said.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.