where are the previous gen MBPs for sale ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gjarold, Feb 26, 2008.

1. gjarold macrumors regular

So ... now that the new MBPs are announced and on the site, I was thinking of buying a previous generation MBP at a reduced price.

But I just called my local apple store and they told me they can't sell me one.

Also, I don't see them in the apple store deals section.

Where are they, and how do I buy one ? (and what kind of markdown should I expect ?)

2. fredrickyoon macrumors regular

fredrickyoon

GJAROLD, sent you a PM.

3. GCY macrumors regular

I wonder what apple did with all the previous gen models?? Do they take everything back to the factory and reinstalled parts?:D

4. adamyoshida macrumors regular

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

6. klymr macrumors 65816

I have a previous gen. one I'll sell ya if you are that desperate. :D

7. latestmonkey macrumors 6502

amazon has the prev gen.

i asked about this new update and they told me a month!:eek:

8. gjarold thread starter macrumors regular

ok, so I see this on amazon:

Apple MacBook Pro MA895LL/A 15.4" Laptop (2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD SuperDrive)

for 1601.99

after rebate ...

I'm sorry for not being up on this, but what was the price of this same model 24 hours ago ? Is this a significant discount ?

9. thadoggfather macrumors 603

thadoggfather

I got my 2.2 SR MBP for $1699 straight up in October from my Uni Computer Store. They had special edu pricing plus $100 extra off as incentive to buy from them over Apple.

Also snatched Apple care off eBay a month ago for $170 shipped. Steals I tell you!

10. notatrumpetpro macrumors member

The price after rebate @ Amazon came out to be almost $1800...so yes the new prices at Amazon are pretty nice. The most noticable price change is on the 2.4 model. It's only 1858 after rebate on Amazon. With no tax at Amazon it is quite the steal...but for an extra $50 I'd rather get the new base model from apple (After student discount).

Hope that helps.

11. fredrickyoon macrumors regular

fredrickyoon

Bought mine at the Apple Store 1 month ago, in January 2008. Still have the receipt.

It's a MacBook Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 17 inch, widescreen, 2.6 GHz processor, 200 GB hard drive 7200 RPM with 2 GB of standard memory RAM. Upgraded to 4 GB through Crucial.

Comes with all accessories, box, paperwork, AppleCare which expires in January 2010, and Clear Speck Case (practically brand new).

Looking to upgrade and will sell. Total unit cost US$ 3,349 from the Apple Store plus taxes.

PM me if you are interested.