Where are the refurbished iMacs?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by fatboyhouston, Nov 12, 2014.

1. fatboyhouston macrumors member

fatboyhouston

Hi, I'm looking for a 2013 iMac, and rather than bankrupt myself I'd like to get a refurbished one. Every day I check the Apple store, but there is nothing. Is this just a dry patch, or should I look elsewhere?

I'll buy from another refurb seller if it's endorsed by members of this forum. But slightly nervous about buying such an expensive and delicate item on eBay, cause... y'know.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

The refurbished stock at Apple changes all the time, you have to check back several times a day, you might get lucky or you might have to wait, its just the way it is. I bought a 2013 27" iMac off the apple refurb site back in July, great value, just be patient, especially if you have a certain config in mind.

3. DerekS macrumors 6502

Keep an eye out on the refurb store - there should be a flood of riMacs hitting refurb soon.

Several dummies in here knee-jerk returned them due to imagined problems.

4. Gmouse macrumors regular

I'm thinking there will be a LOT of iMacs for sale, as people buy a Retina version. I have a loaded, late-2013, bought in May, that's being sold.

5. fatboyhouston thread starter macrumors member

fatboyhouston

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

iMacs you find on eBay are not refurbished, but simply used. Many retailers will claim to sell "refurbished" Macs, but they are not Apple certified refurbished products, which Apple only sells through its online refurbished store.

If you're looking for a particular item, refurb.me can alert you when it becomes available.

7. dingster1 macrumors regular

8. robo74 macrumors 6502

When Apple introduced the retina, the stock went pretty quick on the 2013 refurb units. I guess some people (myself included) waited until the announcement, then bought what was right for them.
    I ordered mine with the specs I would be happy with, apple included a bonus for me and I was happy about that. Wait it out, they will appear again.

9. iczster macrumors member

:D:D haha