Where are the Verizon people purchasing the 6S from?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by I_am_a_loser, Sep 8, 2015.

1. I_am_a_loser macrumors regular

With the recent change of no more subsidized phone cost when agreeing to a new 2-year contract (we pay the phone off monthly over the course of the contract now) where are you planning to purchase the iPhone 6S from? Verizon Wireless store, Verizon website, or the Apple website? If we go the Apple store/site route we have to pay full retail cost up front. If we go the Verizon route we can space it out. Therefore, I'm thinking I may just pre-order on Verizon's website. Thoughts?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

For those on plans that are before the current new plans the contract option still exists.

3. xRYD3Rx macrumors 6502

Contract option still exist for existing customers that are on the old plan.
    This new stuff is for new customers only. Although I will be buying full price instead of signing a 2 year contract
    might change carriers by next year Verizon want my arms and my legs monthly for my lines to be active. fawg.

4. Kevsta26 macrumors 6502a

I'm going with Verizon's site for the 4th year in a row. I was planning on going the fastest and easiest route this year, Apple Store app and using Apple Pay, but I'm planning on moving from 2 year contract to device payments and Apple doesn't support that from Verizon yet, so I'll just use Verizon's site again. They generally open the preorders up a few minutes early too, so it's kinda faster in the end.

5. I_am_a_loser thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't know that! Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll just do that then.

6. I_am_a_loser thread starter macrumors regular

They do open up the pre-orders a few minutes early. The Verizon app works well for upgrading your device as well.

7. thatpluslife macrumors regular

thatpluslife

I'm going to have both windows open (verizon and apple) just in case. Preferably I want to order through apple because of the more reliable shipping but if it comes down to it I'll order from verizon. It seems that the website still has the contract for verizon so hopefully they'll continue doing that.

8. Kevsta26 macrumors 6502a

Well I wouldn't really say the Verizon app upgrades your device. When you go to upgrade it just opens up Safari and redirects you to their mobile site which, as most mobile sites are, isn't as easy to use as the desktop site with a computer.