Where are the Water Sensors in MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ghsNick, Jun 25, 2011.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Where are the water sensor papers in the new 15 inch MBP?

2. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

While I'm not sure myself - I'd check around ports (headphone jacks, near the keyboard, power plugs) they tend to be located around openings into the cavity.

If you got one wet, and are trying to hide it - I'd quit now while you're ahead - water damage is OBVIOUS to just about every electronic technician, even if you dry it out. The level of effort required to mask water exposure isn't worth the cost of a replacement.

That said, good luck!

3. clickclickw00t macrumors regular

i disagree, based on personal experience.

depends on on where it spilled , and how much damage there was. my gf spilled a few drops of cranberry juice on her keyboard and it shorted out the keyboard and the power switch. after I opened it, cleaned it, let it dry the power button still wouldn't work (but an internal battery reset jumpstart worked fine). I sent it in to apple and they replaced the keyboard and power modules.

4. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Attached Files:

5. lindstedt56 macrumors regular

6. DeChrii macrumors member

looks about right also i spilled slushy on my keyboard near the "zaxsd" keys and apple still replaced the top for free although screen errors occurred and i got a refund. Now im typing on a brand new mbp wootwoot!

7. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Yeah...I'm gonna make them check those sensors before I buy AppleCare. You think if a Genius takes it apart and puts it back together to check everything will be okay? I don't want them messing anything up.