Where are they getting all these bumpers?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by steffi, Aug 8, 2010.

1. steffi macrumors 6502a

Seems interesting that there are many ebay sellers selling geniune Apple bumpers in large quantities. I wonder how they are getting hold of them.

2. RichBrewski macrumors member

Two possibilities:

1) They bought a TON at launch and planned on selling them for a bit more than what they got them for. (Then they got their refund and now that demand is so high, they can sell them for A LOT more than what they got them for. Over a 100% profit.)

2) They're not genuine but are actually made by a Chinese knock-off company. They can make really convincing Apple products... That's where I got my "Apple" Earbuds.

3. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

I would presume they just bought a lot while they were available. I don't see any other ways.

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

They're not genuine. Look at the description. They all say aftermarket bumper. Secondly, the picture shows silicone bumpers without the silver buttons on the edges. They're not bumpers.

5. solius macrumors regular

I agree some are knockoffs. There are some sellers though that have the actual Apple bumpers pictured in apple packaging looking exactly like the ones from the store. I would like a green and blue one to go with my black and white ones but im not willing to pay 120 dollars for two cases that's ridiculous. I wish I would have just ordered them from the app online store when I had a chance :(

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Please pay attention guys before you purchase.

7. steffi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Are folks claiming that the ones shown in the Apple retail packaging are in fact knock offs? I'm interested in specifically those. Orders were restricted when these were available so it's still a mystery as to how folks get their hands on so many so soon.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Why? Any source?

9. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Links? Because I've seen hundreds of them, but they're all knockoffs.

10. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Probably the same way you can buy "real Gillette shaving cartridges" in their original packages for next to nothing on eBay. They are probably counterfeit.

11. steffi thread starter macrumors 6502a

So, the ones on Ebay that are feature in the original Apple packaging often quoted with the actual Apple model number are in fact knockoffs?

12. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Doesn't take much to fake a package.

13. cvd macrumors member

14. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Show me a link and I'll tell you for sure. Of course some sellers are just selling theirs that they received cause they don't want it... but the sellers who are selling hundreds or have many listings are mostly knockoffs.

Find me a link to a seller with many listings of iPhone 4 bumpers in the original packaging.

15. steffi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Agreed but what proof is there that they are actually fakes then?

Granted it's a pretty easy thing to fake for sure I'm just not convinced that anybody's actually done it.

16. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Those are all different sellers. And most of those look real.

Like I said... I can't tell you anything for sure unless you show me a link. LOL.

I'm not gonna blindly say they're all fakes if there actually is a seller selling lots of real ones. However, all of the sellers I have seen who are selling many are selling fakes.