Where are you buying your iPhone 3G? Apple Store VS ATT Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMacUser324, Jul 1, 2008.

?

Apple Store or ATT Store?

1. Apple Store!!!

37 vote(s)
    37.8%
  2. I'm headed to the ATT store!

55 vote(s)
    56.1%
  3. What? Im not even buying a iPhone. ATT Sucks!!!!! lol

6 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. iMacUser324 macrumors regular

iMacUser324

2. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Gonna head to the AT&T store in the morning. It's next to a Starbucks. :)

3. albeli macrumors 6502

albeli

As I said in another thread, the nearest Apple store is a 4 1/2 hour drive (each way) and the nearest ATT store is about 3 minutes away--a no brainer for me. ;)

4. M0bile macrumors regular

5. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

No way! Mine is too. :) ATT accross the street, Apple store is apprx. 35 mins. away cause of traffic.......LA area:rolleyes:.........But I think I'm gonna get mine at the Apple Store. It adds more to the whole experience, has way better staff/salespeople, and more cool stuff to buy!!!

6. shecky Guest

shecky

AT+T. for two reasons; first, i already pre-approved my credit at an AT+T store, and secondly, i think it will be less of a hassle than going into an apple store located at the downtown mall complex.

7. wako macrumors 65816

Apple store :)

it is just outrageous to buy a Apple product somewhere else ;)

8. gibbz macrumors 68030

Apple all the way. There I don't have some car salesman type working on commission attacking me.

Plus, Apple has all kinds of great accessories, which may be bad for my pocketbook.

9. Spongey817 macrumors regular

This sums it up for me. In my case, it's as simple as adding a data plan to an already existing plan. Nothing an Apple employee can't handle, right?

10. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I'd like to get mine at the AT&T store, but I have a feeling they won't have the stock to meet the demand...at least not on the first day. I got my credit pre-approved today, but I'm undecided as where to buy. I don't think AT&T will be as organized as the Apple stores.

11. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Both are in the same mall for me, and Apple is way better, and hopefully we get those nice bags again!!

12. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

depends if the apple store will start selling at 8am. if so i will go there, if not it is ATT for me.

13. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

AT&T store is literally a 2 minute drive from my house. Too bad I can't get it at 8 AM though! :mad: I have orientation at Clemson (college I'll be going to in the fall) until 3 PM that day. So I have to wait 'til I get home. That's going to be one of the longest days of my life...

14. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

based solely on the fact that less people will be at the ATT store compared to my local apple store, I will be at the ATT store.

15. Sherb macrumors member

I'll be going to the Apple store. Mainly because it's more "Applie". :D

16. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Agreed:D:D:D

17. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

18. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

At the moment I am planning on my local AT&T store but depending on how many they get and the time the Apple stores open, I might change my mind.

19. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

My nearest Apple store is 20/30 mins away depending on traffic.... the nearest AT&T store is about 3 minutes away... but I'm still going to the Apple store. It's a much better experience in my opinion =)

20. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

APPLE STORE!!!! And here is why

-accesories I need a new 3g dock as well,a new a screen protector,and I may see something els. Its a 50/50 chance att will have the docks or other stuff

-I like when last year I got I iphone black bag they might have a 3g iPhone bag and u can only get those from apple

-I like when the apple employees clapped as I walked out the store last year when I bought my phone last year

-I may see Steve jobs as I'm close to Cupertino :)

21. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

-also anyone worried about credit check or rate plan, you can pick your new rate plan or do whatever not over the phone that way on that day it will be in the system and u will be good to go.

I called att yesterday and told them the new 3g plan I wanted and they posdated it so it won't take effect till the 12th so I just go by the phone and I'm all set and all my info will show at the apple store or AT&T :)

22. ramblintoad macrumors member

AT&T store. Beside the nearest Apple store being an hour away, I would not like to deal with the rude people at the Apple store. Went there once and hated it.

23. BigD58 macrumors regular

Ha I was debating for days to drive 4 hours (round trip) to my apple store in Charlotte,NC. But after looking at gas prices I just decided to suck it up and go to my AT&T store 10 minutes from my house.:rolleyes:

24. conshok26 macrumors 6502

conshok26

since at&t will start at 8 am i will head there first. if it looks real busy i'll head to the mall that will start at 10.

25. oaxa macrumors newbie

:confused:Still on the fence:
    I'm an existing ATT customer with family plan. This complicates things a little so I'm leaning toward ATT
    Both stores are ~2 miles away.
    ATT stores are always crowded
    Apple people are friendly and more knowledgeable