Where are you going for Spring Break?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iMacZealot, Feb 10, 2008.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Where are you going for Spring Break?

My family and I are probably going to Southeast/east Asia in May, so we're trying to keep it pretty low key this year. The tradition is usually that my dad and I will do a father/son trip, and we planned to go to Cancun last year, but he blew his knee out skiing, so I went with my sister instead.

This year, we're probably going to go with my mom and my other sister, but we don't know where. I suggested Costa Rica since there's now a non-stop from Denver (our hometown), but since we don't know how to approach Costa Rica in 4-5 days and on a budget, we're thinking of other places. We're thinking of doing Cancun again, which may not be a bad idea because it's pretty convenient and the airfare and hotel prices are very low relative to Costa Rica. The only thing I didn't like about Cancun was that there isn't much there except for a beach, but it still would be fun.

Where are you going this year?

2. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

To work.

Damn kids. With your television and your two-way radios...

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I'll probably be going to the fine state of intoxication :D

4. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

for me work. I am really going to be missing spring break since this will be my first year with out it.

5. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

I can't believe how many people on this forum have considered, come or lived over here, it really surprises me. However, If you decide to go through and have any questions, ask.

As for me, I've got school, actually starting this Tuesday.

6. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Your country is the largest tourist attraction in Central America.

Where do you recommend staying in Costa Rica? Pacific or Caribbean side?

We're starting to lean towards Cancun now, however, seeing how inexpensive it is and also that we have a big trip planned in May, but we're keeping our options open.

7. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

I know. :p But it still continues to amaze me..

First of all, you should definitely head out to the beaches or volcanoes as soon as you get here, don't waste time or money wandering around the city (trust me on this).

I personally prefer the Pacific side, but it's based more on personal opinion that on real reasons. Many tourists seem to love "Puerto Viejo" on the caribbean, but I still like the Pacific better. "Tamarindo" and "Jaco" are probably the most popular tourist destinations on the Pacifc (you've probably heard of them) but I think that unless you are coming here to party and surf there are nicer places.

8. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

That's low key? Where do you go when you don't want to be low key? Mars? Ok, maybe I'm just jealous. Unfortunately the company I work for doesn't give time off for Spring Break (although I've requested it many times), but I'm planning on taking a few days off sometime in the spring to go to London and visit a friend there.

9. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Well, considering that we can get free air tickets via frequent flier, a free hotel night from their rewards program, and AAA discounts, it's very cheap for us to go to Cancun and very convenient.

10. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

Work for me most probable. Being a college student I do have a Spring Break and I want to go back home and visit my family but we'll see. If anything I might head to the West Coast and visit my sisters there. Gotta love having family live in the San Diego/Los Angeles areas. =)

11. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

me, I am a teacher and am going to New Mexico to do some skiing with some friends that I have known from for over 34 years...they went to grade school with me!

:(But I am really bummed right now- I injured my back yesterday playing ball and am bed ridden for a couple of days. Winter break for us is two weeks away so wish me luck to get over this back thing!!

12. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Just booked my family's trip to Cancun...should be fun. I booked it myself without my parents even present :eek: (I got their permission over the phone.) It's amazing how I checked air and hotel prices at 7:00 and nothing's available, then I come back at 9 and I found the sales of the century.

Travel websites are amazingly schizophrenic.

13. nicque macrumors regular

Oahu, i've already been there a few times so we're just gonna hang around the hotel more. And hopefully my macbook will arrive before we leave on sunday.

14. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

hey Luis!

I'll be there! with about 10 female grad school friends;)

15. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

I guess you'll be having a great time then! Good luck.

16. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

My birthday is during spring break so me and a couple of my buddies will be celebrating in Hawaii.

17. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

Well I would love to take a trip up to Maryland and visit this friend of mine who I have never gotten to meet in person; however, my spring break from school will be spend working between Wal-Mart and MailMax Direct.