Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Apple Smart Cover at the Apple Store.

Awaiting Logitechs ultra thin keyboard cover for school.

its93rc

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Texas
I dunno if you're interested or if they fit, but the Green and Red ones for the iPad Air (1st gen) were $19.99 at Bestbuy. I'm buying one later and I'll report back.

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
I dunno if you're interested or if they fit, but the Green and Red ones for the iPad Air (1st gen) were $19.99 at Bestbuy. I'm buying one later and I'll report back.

I bought this case from microcenter (they listed it as Air 2) and while it fits perfectly the side button is misaligned and the camera hole doesnt align. I'm thinking about just cutting the divided part on the side where the volume rocker is (since the second hole on the side is made for mute switch).

http://www.microcenter.com/product/428401/iPad_Air_2_Folio_Case_-_Black

----------

Apple Smart Cover at the Apple Store.

Awaiting Logitechs ultra thin keyboard cover for school.

Is that the only option right now?? I really don't like the smart cases as it doesn't protect the back and the landscape mode cant be adjusted.

Johnny907

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
I'm just reusing the Smart Cover from my original Air because it fits perfectly, and the Belkin back shell, which is a little loose and partially covers the rear camera, but it'll do the job until a proper one gets released.

jwill99

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2013
I gave up after searching the internet and store for awhile, and just went ahead and bough the Smart Case from Apple. Waiting for a keyboard case to come out. Will probably go with Zagg or I saw another one online that I may consider, if I can find it again. Amazon had dates of expected release posted on some of theirs. A few of the cases were supposed to come out yesterday, but I haven't been back to check yet. I would much rather buy one from a place where I can see it and hold it first, to be sure that I like it.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY

$19.99? Best Buy.com shows $37.99 and no store stock on the red. I have one on order. I will price match when I'm able.

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
I purchased this one on Amazon for my Gold Air 2.

4y5y5e5a.jpg

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
Bought a black smart case from the Apple Store. It was also the first and only time I used Applepay.:apple:

I really like this case. I am not sure I will be changing it out anytime soon.

ChimeraVT

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2014
We bought 2 "iPad Air" cases from Staples today for $25 total, just went in with my wife's Air 2 and kept trying until we found ones that fit. They are the Case Logic Snap View and Targus Triad. Both fit, camera hole is a little misaligned but doesn't cover the actual lense. Neither have on/off functionality but for the price it'll work until manufacturers ramp up the good designs for the Air 2.

xXxDieselxXx

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2012
Got that (Poetic Apple iPad Air 2 Case [GraphGrip Series]) for my wife she is not very happy with it granted there is nothing wrong with it other than the color was not the one shown on the picture (Lavender) it looked like a hot pink instead it was a not so nice light purple.

Also makes the iPad A2 very heavy and she doesn't want to keep using just because of that. She still understands it will protect the device very well but I personally will look for some lighter solutions IMHO :D

I'm personally waiting for the Tech21 ones to come out. I absolutely love their cases.

natsinicky

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2014
I personally buy most everything for my electronics on amazon or ebay. Sometimes the things on amazon ship from Hong Kong, which takes forever in the mail, so I just by them on ebay. Check both!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.