Where are you pre-ordering/waiting in line?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yanki01, Sep 10, 2014.

?

Where will you pre-order/waiting in line?

1. Pre-order on apple.com

56 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. Pre-order on carrier's website

6 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Pre-order on other website (BB, RS, other)

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  4. Wait in line at an apple store

5 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. Wait in line at carrier's store

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  6. Wait in line at other store (BB, RS, other)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. yanki01, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014

yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

I'm curious to who has the smoothest transactions? Since the 3GS, I've ordered via apple.com but some have had better luck ordering via the apple store app on their iOS device. How about the carrier websites?

No apple store near me and I work so no plans on taking off to wait in line nor do I want to. what's your plan this Friday or next Friday?

2. dauby88 macrumors member

I've only pre-ordered the iPhone 5 but the experience on the Apple Store App was better. That seemed like a server issue, and it was minutes after they started taking orders. I'm hoping Apple.com will be better this time around. Either way I'm just glad they're doing pre-orders!

3. rockitdog macrumors 68020

I'm considering waiting inline just for the experience of it if nothing else. I know I can order and get it delivered next Friday but I kind of want to experience the waiting in line thing as dumb as it may be. I just wonder how busy it will be next Friday at my local Apple Stores.

4. inthecup macrumors regular

5. yanki01 thread starter macrumors 68040

yanki01

i'll stick with ordering on apple.com but have my apple store app on my iPhone ready if I run into problems.

6. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I'll most likely use the app. It's worked much better for me the past few years.

7. amv1017 macrumors newbie

Ive preordered the last few times with VZW and it was the easiest process.

I just tested out an order online and when you choose a different shipping address, VZW website pops up a screen asking for them to text you a authorization code to verify the process. I tried it and received the code in seconds.

Hope it works as easy when preorders are up.

8. yanki01 thread starter macrumors 68040

yanki01

no chances, all billing/shipping addresses have been updated to receive my iPhone 6 at my work to guarantee a signature.

9. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I find it's much better dealing with Apple than the other retailers. Therefore, I will buy at Apple.com. A few years ago Apple's site was slow and I went to AT&T. It went ok that time, but I had a lot of fear if I had to return it, etc.

It's just so much better to use Apple where you can easily return with no restocking fee, "just in case," something goes wrong.

10. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Gonna try to pre order for in store pickup. Then camp at the apple store to pick it up. Only other option would be to skip preorder and just camp out. Which is what I've done the past few years.

11. rockitdog macrumors 68020

I think I'm going to try my luck at a local Verizon store because of their trade in deal. I'm guessing where I live it won't be too crowded.

12. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Where's the option to reserve for instore pickup?