Where can buy iPhone 7 rear housings?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goftrey, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

Hi guys,

Today's a bad day. I dropped my matte black iPhone 7, cracking the screen and scuffing up the corners of the housing pretty badly.

Due to the lack of availability of display assemblies on the web at the moment for the iPhone 7 I'm going to have to bite the bullet and pay the £125 for Apple to do it.

But I also really don't want to have to deal with the nasty scuffs plaguing the rear housing on a daily basis either, so I want to replace that too. I know Apple won't replace this (or if they do they'd charge me an arm and a leg) so I'm looking to do this myself.

It'll also kill two birds with one stone as it'll allow me to buy the jet black housing to give me some added grip. I decided to go for the matte black in the first place specifically to avoid scratching etc, but given how unbelievably damn slippery it is, I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather have a scratched phone than a cracked phone.

So my question is - can I currently buy iPhone 7 rear housings anywhere yet? I know parts generally take a few months to appear in the wild but I was just wondering if some people are selling them in a corner of the internet that I haven't yet found.

Thanks!

2. ANTAWNM26 macrumors 6502a

ANTAWNM26

Look eBay for a parts only

3. ANTAWNM26 macrumors 6502a

ANTAWNM26

Hey just look on craigslist or eBay for one that's for parts only you may luck up

4. blaine07 macrumors 65816

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232130188056

No jetblack though?

Perhaps this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272415223765

$75 and jetblack. Comes from China though.

Let me add... I switched rear housing on a 6 a few years ago; phone was never the same The inferior quality of aftermarket plagued it.

Edit: Saw where second eBay link says OEM but since Apple can't even produce jetblack quick enough I find it hard to believe.

5. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

Might be hard to find, but perhaps put out a Craigslist ad looking for a nonfunctional iPhone 7 that has a decent case or screen. Might have to buy two separate ones. But I see ads all the time for similar things.

Perhaps someone will have a decent screen on a phone that's dead for other reasons. And likewise, maybe someone will have a phone with a good back cover that has other defects on the phone.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    Thread was heavily derailed, a number of posts were removed. If you you don't want to answer the OP's question then please move alone.

7. tma888 macrumors member

tma888

Thank you. This forum is a great help for people who have questions and others who are not helping but are instead instigating confusion and fight should never be allowed. Great job and kudos to the Moderator.