Where can I buy a 2008 edition MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bleuwaterz, Feb 7, 2009.

1. bleuwaterz macrumors newbie

Where can I buy a 2008 edition MacBook Pro? I'm looking to buy one in the near future, but the new Macbook Pro is VERY expensive. Pros and cons of such a purchase.....

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

There are two 2008 MacBook Pros.

Apple.com has both.

MacMall.com has both.

Amazon.com might have both.

eBay has both.

3. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

Look on Apple's site (store) at the refurbished offerings. They change all the time, but some good deals are there. Consider mid-2007 models too - probably can be had for $1250 with full warranty, depending on availability.

4. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

What's your price range?

5. WindowsTraitor macrumors regular

I got mine in December (december 31st) from Macmall.

After spending a month trying to find out a problem (paranoid), I must say that I got a great machine.

Macbook pro 2.6ghz 7200rpm.

One bad is that it is taking very long to get the rebates, but that seems to be the trend with companies giving rebates.

6. JustGretchen macrumors 6502

Visit an retail apple store. www.apple.com/retail to find your closest one

Vist apple.com/store to buy one online or to look at refurbished models.

Macmall.com has some, but you will wait for a while for their rebates.

I got a HELL of a good deal on ebay on an early 2008 macbook pro 2.5ghz w/ 512mb video card. So I'd suggest looking there too, just make sure you get one that is new in the box and buy from a seller who has a lot of good feedback.

7. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

Again, I don't know what your price range is, but I managed to get my unibody Macbook Pro for $1654 (brand new in box) INCLUDING tax, shipping, insurance, etc on eBay.

8. bleuwaterz thread starter macrumors newbie

Here's the deal... I am a music producer that has been using only pc for awhile now. But I am looking to buy a mac and be more inclined with the times. However, I heard that the 2008 Macs have firewire (unlike the new macbooks). Is that correct? I was going to buy a new macbook pro, but I think the previous generation will get the job done.

9. bleuwaterz thread starter macrumors newbie

budget! $2000 for laptop

Where did you get the unibody Macbook Pro for $1654. I want the system to have 2.5ghz at least and 4gb and 250 HD. The firewire feature will be great also.

10. 11800506 macrumors 65816

The unibody Macbook Pro still has Firewire, it's only the regular Macbook that doesn't. If you are still interested in a unibody I'd look in the refurbished store at apple.com since they have some good deals.

11. fil3333 macrumors member

the shortly updated white macbook still has firewire and if you need firewire (400) for a lower price its a very good deal... imo :)

12. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

I got my Penryn Macbook Pro from Amazon. After rebates it was $1450 for everything. Great deal if you ask me.

I'm partial to Amazon. Got my rebate check within 4 weeks, have always had great experiences with them over the years.