Where can I buy a longer iPhone charging cord?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by helloimD4NNY, Sep 28, 2009.

1. helloimD4NNY macrumors regular

You all know that the iPhones charger is ridiculously short. I've been searching and haven't found a longer cord to charge my iPhone with. Anyone have a link to a site where they sell longer cords?

2. RogersDA macrumors 6502

Just buy a long USB cable and attach it to the charging cord and then to the computer.

3. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Oh yes, good company. In the event anyone cares iStubz is a really good product. I have the 7cm cable, so I'm sure the 6 foot cord would be good too.

4. OhioLefty macrumors regular

iPhone Sync / Charging Cable

Two (2) of them for $3.60 and free shipping - 70" long (~ 6')

I've bought these myself and they work perfect. The 30 pin connector is actually nicer than the factory original.

5. holyindian macrumors 6502

Dont do it, i tried it, and it does not work!! Iphone limits the charging process on longer cables than the prescribed ones.

6. OhioLefty macrumors regular

I appreciate your input, but can you elaborate a little. My wife and I both use these cables on brand new iPhones 3GS (bought in July) and have not seen any reason to think they are not working properly. Both our phones charge fully and seem to hold a charge really well. I recently used these cables connected to a PC notebook to do the MMS update and it worked perfectly. We also use them to sync and transfer photos.

Thanks...

Update: 09/29/09

Last night was the first time I used one of these cables to do a "Backup" from iTunes. It went all the way through the Backup but at the end I got a pop-up that said the Backup could not be completed because the iPhone had been disconnected (which it hadn't). The cable will sync and charge the phone, it just won't do a backup (strange?). I switched to a shorter non-OEM cable and everything worked perfect.

So, I apologize if I have misled anybody into buying a longer semi functioning cable.

7. holyindian macrumors 6502

Got the same error with longer cables... I guess they are only good for charging... in absurd conditions, but no good for data transfers.

8. AlvinDj macrumors newbie

9. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

10. ihonda macrumors 68000

i just ordered a usb extension cable from monoprice for around $3.50 shipped now i have almost 8 feet worth of cable length

11. holyindian macrumors 6502

Pls do leave a feedback about ur experience with them.

12. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I have had very good experiences with monoprice.
    decent products at extraordinary prices.

13. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

The question may perhaps refer to the 8 foot dock connector cables.

14. holyindian macrumors 6502

oh, thanks for that info, i wanted to know abt the dependability and usability of a longer cable. :)

15. ihonda macrumors 68000

no im saying "i just ordered" like instead of trying to find a longer apple cable i simply ordered a usb extension cable, ive had it for over 2months and it works perfect. i use it in combo with the apple 3g dock so i can put the cable behind my bed frame and use the dock on my nightstand it works great.

it also does allow data transfer, there is actually another thread on here about "usb extension" cable or something that i replied to that included a link to the exact cable i order

16. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

the cables are fine I haven't had any issues.
    However the AC/DC power transformers I have had 2 of 5 stop working

17. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

X2

18. holyindian macrumors 6502