Resolved Where can I buy a magsafe 2 adaptor? Walmart?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by arctyler, Feb 20, 2014.

1. arctyler, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014

arctyler macrumors regular

I'm going to look at a used 13" macbook pro retina tonight, and the guy says he doesnt have a cord with it, and i figured thats fine, i already have a cord for my old macbook, but after some research i realized that the macbook pro retina has a magsafe 2 instead, now i'm stuck, does anyone know if walmart sells these adaptors or who would have one besides the apple store since it is about 45 minutes away? Thanks in advance!

2. ecschwarz macrumors 6502a

ecschwarz

Best Buy or any other big box electronics retailer should carry it if they carry other Mac stuff. I don't think Walmart carries it in the stores.

3. arctyler thread starter macrumors regular

how about radioshack?

4. BigBeast macrumors 6502a

apple.com or amazon.com and overnight shipping

5. Dovahkiing macrumors regular

Apple makes a magesafe-to-magsafe 2 adapter that's a lot cheaper at only $10. I'd consider it if I were you. You can pick that up at at the same places you can get the whole adapter.

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

7. ecschwarz macrumors 6502a

ecschwarz

I think that's what the OP was referring to...also keep in mind that your current adapter should be 65W or higher to properly charge your battery and run the computer. The 45W one is for MacBook Airs and will work in a pinch, but not recommended.

8. arctyler thread starter macrumors regular

thats what i got, a 65w cord, just need a magsafe 2 adapter, I didnt look at it tonight because I had a class that went on till 11 at night, and Im checking it out tomorrow so ill try to stop by best buy since i have a gift card and get one and if not theres a apple store in the same mall.

By the way, you won't believe the price I'm paying for this, I had a wanted ad up for a macbook and the guy contacted me, and he said he has to pay for vet bills, he wanted $750, got him down to $550, so overall hopefully its a good buy, its a MBP Retina 13" 128 gb SSD, 4gb RAM, only about a month and a half old

9. p3ntyne macrumors 6502

p3ntyne

10. arctyler thread starter macrumors regular

can't really go wrong for $550 either way

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Sounds like a stolen device.

Low price, no power cord... did you at least get a clean OS install (or did you not bother checking that either).

12. p3ntyne macrumors 6502

p3ntyne

Yeah, I guess. As long as it's not stolen...

13. arctyler thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't buy it just yet, and what do you mean a clean OS install, like restored? If so, yes, it's restored

Edit: He must have a cord somewhere because he said he is going to restore it to remove all of his stuff, and what not. While he also said there's still a charge in it, I believe it was 20% he said.