iPhone SE Where can I Buy a Refurbished iPhone SE?

iSearch

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2015
I'm looking to buy a refurbished iPhone SE in the coming months to upgrade from my old iPhone 5. However, Apple doesn't seem to have any on their online store and I can't trust third party sellers on Amazon and eBay. Is there any place that sells an officially refurbished iPhone SE or will Apple start selling them if rumors are true about a new SE in September?

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I'm looking to buy a refurbished iPhone SE in the coming months to upgrade from my old iPhone 5. However, Apple doesn't seem to have any on their online store and I can't trust third party sellers on Amazon and eBay. Is there any place that sells an officially refurbished iPhone SE or will Apple start selling them if rumors are true about a new SE in September?
Something else I would consider is to look at a gently used iPhone SE off Swappa.com. They are fairly reliable tech site and many have had good experiences on there.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Unless Apple lost some on their online store there is nowhere to get officially refurbished iPhones. I think your best bet is something like the poster above suggested and getting a gently used one from a site you trust.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
Is there a reason you want a refurb instead of new?

My son's SE was bought brand new. Less than $400.

Reactions: Reno Raines

AronDraws

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2014
Burbank, CA

I bought a new SE (not carrier specific) for release day and it was sooooo worth it. Two years in, and I love it as much as I did on day 1. A very reliable device. I don't think the discount between new and refurb is all that much and it's probably worth it. Just make sure you get one of those nice glass screen protectors and a case.

Reactions: eyoungren

iSearch

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2015

I'm on a really tight budget and I would like to get something that feels new with what iOS currently offers, but not outdated or used.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
I'm on a really tight budget and I would like to get something that feels new with what iOS currently offers, but not outdated or used.
I get that. But there have been lots of deals by various carriers with brand new SEs. I'm generally very pro-Apple refurb, but if the opportunity presents itself to buy new at a good price within your budget, take it.

Might be worth your while to look around at what the carriers are offering for new SEs.

A while back Boost (a Sprint MVNO) had the iPhone SE for $100. Brand new. I know several people who took advantage of that offer, paid $25-30 or so for a third party unlock and went on their merry way. At least until Boost got wise and shut off the promo.

I feel you should be able to find a good deal new if you poke around enough.

iSearch

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2015
I get that. But there have been lots of deals by various carriers with brand new SEs. I'm generally very pro-Apple refurb, but if the opportunity presents itself to buy new at a good price within your budget, take it.

Might be worth your while to look around at what the carriers are offering for new SEs.

A while back Boost (a Sprint MVNO) had the iPhone SE for $100. Brand new. I know several people who took advantage of that offer, paid $25-30 or so for a third party unlock and went on their merry way. At least until Boost got wise and shut off the promo.

I feel you should be able to find a good deal new if you poke around enough.
I didn't think about that. I guess I'll keep an eye out for a sale instead since it's not too urgent.

Reactions: eyoungren
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.