Where can I buy a refurbished/new, original iPhone?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DMC-12, Aug 30, 2008.

1. DMC-12 macrumors 6502

DMC-12

I have an iPhone 3G, and I hate its shameful build quality. I want to return it and buy the original iPhone, but the only place that they seem to be available is eBay. I don't want to pay above retail for the original iPhone, though, and most of the iPhones on eBay are dented or scratched. I wish I would have purchased a refurbished iPhone from Apple a few months ago. Where are refurb originals still sold?

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Occasionally they do pop up on Apple's refurb store (online), but you have to be VERY quick, it's first come first served, however, I haven't seen any on there in a good week or 2, but again, I could just have bad timing...

Other than that, I think your only option is ebay...

3. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

yeah good luck with that.

seriously though, these iphones are going to be very valuable collectors items someday. If you can find an original 16gb for under 600 jump on it

4. DMC-12 thread starter macrumors 6502

DMC-12

Really? I had no idea. I used to check the refurbished iPhones religiously, but assumed that they were no longer sold. Can anyone confirm having bought/seen a refurbished iPhone from Apple.com, post-3G?

5. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Last one I saw was the 16GB, but it disappeared within a hour or so, I wouldn't hide out high hopes of going down the Apple route, you would be better off doing the ebay route and paying a little extra.

6. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

no offense but I dont think this is accurate information. apple needs to keep the refurbs for People that need swaps under warranty