Where can I buy a used, older macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Gilvisto, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Gilvisto macrumors newbie

Or maybe even a desktop... My little sister is going to college soon, and I was thinking about getting her a Mac for graduation next year. I am a poor college student myself, though, and was wondering where I can get a used system a generation or two back, something that's got iSight and OSX, but not a terribly roided out system...

Any ideas?

Thanks guys,
    -Gil

2. Gilvisto thread starter macrumors newbie

3. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

As long as you're smart about it, i.e. meeting in public and with a friend for criagslist and paying with paypal and buying from a seller with all positive feedback on ebay.

4. silverblack macrumors 68020

silverblack

I prefer kijiji and craiglist (?), where you can deal in person locally. This way, you get to look at and inspect the computer before buying. Just pick a public place to meet, then you are safe with your cash.

5. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

You can also try the Apple Refurb store. Not as cheap as eBay or Craigslist, but you know you won't get screwed.

Right now they have a 17" white iMac 1.83GHz for $699 and a white MacBook 2.1GHz for $849.

6. Gilvisto thread starter macrumors newbie

What generation am I looking for? Oldest model with iSight, microphone, and OSX?

7. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

8. dckj95 macrumors member

get it off the apple refurb store. :D its quite cheap at $699 for the 1.83 GHz model. heres a picture. :D

Attached Files:

9. lasuther macrumors 6502a

Use your student discount and buy the new base white MacBook. You'll get a one year warranty and have the piece of mind of a new computer. It won't be that much more than a used MacBook.