Where can I buy an external multi-touch screen?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sijmen, Mar 11, 2009.

  1. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

    Sep 7, 2005
    Just for playing around with it and to try to write some software, I'd like to buy an external multi-touch screen.

    I'd really like it to be a capacitive screen, which probably rules out those overlay sheets sold by some companies. I've been searching the internet but couldn't find anything.

    Does anyone have any information on the existence and/or availabilit of such devices?
  2. irmongoose macrumors 68030


    Dec 3, 2001
    Sometimes Tokyo, sometimes California
    There seem to be some capacitive touch screens available, and some vaporware that might be released soon, but no, I don't think anyone's making multi-touch external displays. Yet. Probably because no desktop operating system has support for them. This sort of thing usually works its way from the computer makers to the peripheral companies. You'll probably see a lot more options when we get closer to Windows 7's release - though with Microsoft these days, who knows when that's gonna be, eh?

  3. Dagless macrumors Core


    Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    We have one and I don't recommend it. Well it's a touch screen panel that you have to open the monitors display and place between (it's very thin) for our 19" monitor. They're a bit pants, to be honest.

Share This Page