Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

royik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2014
Can I buy it from Best buy, Target or Radio Shack? Does someone know?
My parents are in NY for one week and I want them to buy for me the iPhone 6, but it seems that Apple store is of out of stock :-(
I see that the model I want is available at Best buy and Target. the question is if it is possible they will buy it for me?

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Can I buy it from Best buy, Target or Radio Shack? Does someone know?
My parents are in NY for one week and I want them to buy for me the iPhone 6, but it seems that Apple store is of out of stock :-(
I see that the model I want is available at Best buy. the question is if it is possible they will buy it for me?

Nope, you can't at present time. All box stores only sell with a service plan

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
Best Buy should be able to sell you one. Their retail price is $50 above Apple's. I think the carrier store will require an agreement. But should be okay at Best Buy.

royik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2014
Best Buy should be able to sell you one. Their retail price is $50 above Apple's. I think the carrier store will require an agreement. But should be okay at Best Buy.

Thanks! goot to know! I will ask them to do so. Doest it matter which brand? I prefer Verzion, as it knows they are factory unlocked.
Is it acceptable also for Target? Do you know?

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
Thanks! goot to know! I will ask them to do so. Doest it matter which brand? I prefer Verzion, as it knows they are factory unlocked.
Is it acceptable also for Target? Do you know?

Any carrier they will sell you. Best Buy is the only place I know of.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I can confirm that you CAN buy a device only phone at Best Buy. I was able to purchase the Galaxy S4 and S5 at full price with no issues.

royik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2014
I can confirm that you CAN buy a device only phone at Best Buy. I was able to purchase the Galaxy S4 and S5 at full price with no issues.

Thanks! Unfortunately you can't compare it to iPhone 6, because on Best buy's web site it is allowed to buy Galaxy 5S Unlocked. It is no the same for iPhone 6...

----------

BTW, at "all price option" at Best Buy website, when I'm clicking on one of the iPhones, I can see the following options:
- $xx/Month
- $xxx Replacement device
What does mean the last option? It is full price.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Thanks! Unfortunately you can't compare it to iPhone 6, because on Best buy's web site it is allowed to buy Galaxy 5S Unlocked. It is no the same for iPhone 6...

----------

BTW, at "all price option" at Best Buy website, when I'm clicking on one of the iPhones, I can see the following options:
- $xx/Month
- $xxx Replacement device
What does mean the last option? It is full price.

Of course you can't compare but device is a device so it is possible (both are smartphones). I've even purchased the S4 and S5 via bestbuy.com at full price, and both times I was able to pick up without a problem. I'm pretty sure it's the same for the iPhones.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Maybe this can help and I just tried it online. But of course that is for shipping, I don't see an option for in-store pick up.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    125.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    138.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Untitled3.png
    Untitled3.png
    124.4 KB · Views: 66

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level

Unless you bought an iPhone 6, your experience with the S5 isn't applicable. I tried to do exactly what the OP is trying to do and BB repeatedly told me (different best buys) that you need to have a service plan when you buy the phone. They told me you won't be able to not just buy the phone for about 6 months or so.

I would have had an iPhone 6 by now trust me. I have tried to do exactly this and still haven't been able to get one device only at BB

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Oh so I guess you can't buy it outright at BB for the iphones then. Weird. But you can buy it outright on their website and have it delivered to you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.