Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 27, 2013
From a trustworthy source (not eBay)? Swappa only has used ones.

infamousnxtAir

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2017
Europe
In my country (which is located in Europe) there are still a few places which offer iPhone SE brand new. Prices vary between 312 and 350 USD for the 32GB version all colors available with a 2-year warranty (1 year with Apple and 1 year with the seller).

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
From a trustworthy source (not eBay)? Swappa only has used ones.

Why not Ebay? They have a ton of them. I've made hundreds of purchases from Ebay over the years and have never once had a problem. They are as trustworthy as any other online store as long as you're buying from a reputable seller and you're pretty much guaranteed (by Ebay) a refund if you're not happy.

Reactions: arkitect

Kerry78

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2016
If you were in the UK you could get one at Carphonewarehouse or Curry’s I think they have in store stock in a few of there stores the phones are £239.99 Sim Free! :)

Don’t Bestbuy still have them over there?

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Why not Ebay? They have a ton of them. I've made hundreds of purchases from Ebay over the years and have never once had a problem. They are as trustworthy as any other online store as long as you're buying from a reputable seller and you're pretty much guaranteed (by Ebay) a refund if you're not happy.
I agree 100%

There are quite a lot of genuine trouble free sellers and buyers on eBay.
And some have really good prices.

Kerry78

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2016
I agree 100%

There are quite a lot of genuine trouble free sellers and buyers on eBay.
And some have really good prices.
Perhaps the Op wants a clean one the trouble with eBay is that some of the descriptions are wrong I know this myself when I bought my iPhone 7 it was described as mint condition when it arrived it was not that way, eBay stepped in and I got £60 back so the phone was £200

My recent iPhone 5s was described as in excellent condition when it arrived it was this but the screen has a white patch on it and a yellow hue and the battery isn’t great which wasn’t mentioned, the 5s / se are a pain to replace battery’s with that flex right under the home button lol

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Perhaps the Op wants a clean one the trouble with eBay is that some of the descriptions are wrong I know this myself when I bought my iPhone 7 it was described as mint condition when it arrived it was not that way, eBay stepped in and I got £60 back so the phone was £200

My recent iPhone 5s was described as in excellent condition when it arrived it was this but the screen has a white patch on it and a yellow hue and the battery isn’t great which wasn’t mentioned, the 5s / se are a pain to replace battery’s with that flex right under the home button lol
TRue, but at least in the UK there are retailers — who sell brand new… not private sellers who may take a chance.
Anyway, as always, YMMV. :)

Reactions: Kerry78

Kerry78

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2016
TRue, but at least in the UK there are retailers — who sell brand new… not private sellers who may take a chance.
Anyway, as always, YMMV. :)
Yeah it still sells and could pick up one nearby if I wanted one at Curry’s a lot of the usual places have sold out though!

I recommended Bestbuy to the Op see how he gets on some good prices there Anyway shame it didn’t last in the UK :p

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I know you said no eBay, but....eBay.

It’s true, the best source for finding a phone like the SE, would be eBay, even if it was selling for a premium price. The problem I have with eBay, is sometimes you have buyers who try to really fraud the seller in a variety of ways, and now that they have the six-month buyer protection, that alone provokes me to avoid eBay altogether.

dan98

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2013
I’ve just purchased 3 new from eBay.
Probably imported from China or whatever.
Anyway they’re perfect - exactly the same as the one I bought from apple 2 years ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.