Where can I download 4.2 from (aside from iTunes)?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dmk1974, Nov 22, 2010.

1. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I'm at work, but can connect to my home computer via remote connection. My iPad is not docked to that computer at the moment, but I'd like to download the new firmware so when I get home, I don't have to wait for 1/2 hour or so.

Is there a direct link for the firmware file download yet? I checked iClarified and don't see it yet. Thanks!

2. Maurier, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010

Maurier macrumors regular

I have no idea I'm having trouble getting it to work on itune=/
    I plugged my ipad into my pc started up itune but it says that there are no available downloads?

Update

I just called Apple tech support for the ipad to try and figure out where to download iOS 4.2 after i saw this http://www.apple.com/ca/ios/

Turns out that iOS 4.2 is not yet available for the ipad. No wonder I coudln't find it on iTunes.
    Then why on apple site it says it's available for the ipad?

I got all excited for nothing................ how annoying.

3. silentsim macrumors regular

Available at 10AM pacific...not quite there yet.

4. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

5. speg macrumors member

"3.2.2 is still the current version"

-----

NEVERMIND!!!!!

DOWNLOADING!!!!! :D

6. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

I installed it and so far so good. I notice that the iPod and Video apps say "Cancelling sync" and don't do anything, but I'm hoping that'll sort itself out next time I plug it into iTunes. I'll wait for my iPhone to update first though! :D

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

8. waltr6 macrumors newbie

Cannot download OS 4.2

When I have my iphone hooked up to my computer and Itunes, I get this message: "It Tunes could not contact the Iphone software update server because you are not connected to Internet. Make sure Internet connection is active and try again. Well, I have this Itunes account, with this computer for over a year. I am connected to the Internet, as I bought a song right after that. I get the same message when I go to my Ipad to also try to download 4.2. I thought McAfee maybe blocked something, so I uninstalled it and then tried to download again, nothing. My internet is connected, but I cannot get past the note, saying it isn't. Is the Apple Itunes served down, due to high volume? Is it my computer or what do you think.

Thank you,

Marc