Where can I download Adobe Reader 7.0?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maxrobertson, Oct 25, 2007.

1. maxrobertson macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone. A family member of mine needs Adobe Reader 7 (because they have an old iMac that can't be upgraded to Tiger) and I can't find it anywhere, not on the Adobe site or oldapps.com. Does anyone know where I can get it?

(PS- the reason they need it is because Preview somehow got deleted and they don't have the OS X install disks.)

2. maxrobertson thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. cayooper macrumors newbie

Finding Adobe Reader v.7

This is STILL a very useful piece of information, 11/17/08. .. I was all over the Adobe site and couldn't find it.

This item should be at the top of Google's search results -- can you get it higher?

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Any suggestions on how? By linking this thread to the BBC, NYT and Drudge? ;)

Glad you found it of use over a year later. :)

I'll add some keywords: early old versions version Adobe Reader Mac

5. cwsmith macrumors newbie

cwsmith

Can v.7 still be found?

The link above only goes back to version 8. Can v.7 still be downloaded from any source, Adobe or otherwise?

6. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

7. cwsmith macrumors newbie

cwsmith

Thank you!

You're a gentleman and a scholar, DewGuy1999. Clear back to v.3.01e -- I'll be archiving these for later use.

8. Jalopy macrumors member

Is Reader 7.08 worth installing?

I still use Acrobat 6.0 on my Jaguar system. Newer pdfs don't open on my system. Would installing Reader 7.08 enable me to open newer pdfs or is it also unable? I've read that version 7 uses more resources to run vs version 6.

9. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Ask Louder, 2007 can't hear you.

Honestly, I have no idea, I doubt it, things have changed a lot since Reader 7. Depends on the file though. I would guess that if 6 can't open it, 7 won't be much better. Most likely created with something much newer.