Where can I download iOS 6?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by imac abuser, Sep 28, 2012.

1. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Hello,
    I need to download iOS 6 as a file and then take it to someone elses house to install on their machine/phone. Can someone link me to a place I can do this I can't find it.

They use Windows 7 if that matters?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. imac abuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

iPhone 4S

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

5. NedBookPro macrumors 6502

Trust me. If you want to keep that friend, DON'T install iOS6 on any of their devices.

6. imac abuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

7. NedBookPro macrumors 6502

It's probably ok if you only use it to make phone calls. But problems are widely documented. Use with caution. I would give $50 to roll back to iOS5

Actually, I found if the device with iOS6 installed is turned off, there's absolutely NO problems :D

8. Appleseeds macrumors regular

What a load of FUD
    I use it daily on iPad and iPhones as does everyone in my family and have had no issues.
    Even maps work, I have several things currently being used in passbook even.
    So those who have no issues far out number those who do.

9. NedBookPro macrumors 6502

Not a load of FUD. many people I know have issues. Here's some:

- Maps, I actually don't care about maps (although I realize other people really need it), and wish apple would focus on the other stuff like:
    - Battery drain problem. All things same, upgraded to iOS6 on iP4S, battery usage went from 18 hours a day to almost dead in 8 hours.
    - Swoosh before SMTP. The sound happens when you hit send. If your device did not contact the SMTP server, your mail could be sitting your outbox indefinitely. I use my iP a lot for email in the corporate environment. I have to check sent folders contantly to see if mail was actually sent.
    - Mail, Exchange Server. For some reason, I get failures to connect on this account, where before i would *never* get failures particularly when send/recieving.
    - Hotspot. For some reason, hotspot stopped working. You could connect to it, but not browse internet.
    - WIFI: A lot of people reporting WI-FI not working. Mine happened to be OK.
    - Sounds: Some notification sounds seem to be intermittent. Happened to me, but can't nail it down yet because it's so random.

So not exactly FUD.

As I was saying rather sarcastically, if the phone's off, then there's no problem.

My point, and advice, is to proceed carefully, because there is no roll-back option. I would give anything to roll back to iOS5, but cannot because the signing window has closed.

It may be best for people to wait for iOS6.1 before upgrading if they are still on iOS5.

My humble opinion.

10. Appleseeds macrumors regular

Oh we'll then sorry. Seeing as you know people who have problems. Must be a widespread issue. I am surprised Apple hasn't shut down and stopped making things altogether as this is such a fiasco. :rolleyes:

11. NedBookPro macrumors 6502

The forums are FULL of people with issues. Not just on this forum, and not just in one country. Are they all deluded?

AGAIN - my opinion was that in light of these issues, one might be better off holding back in case it affected them,
    because: there is NO WAY TO ROLL BACK.

You must be one of these "apple can do no wrong" kinda guys. Apple no doubt must love you - and your blind faith in everything apple does.
    Sorry - I didn't mean to offend your religion, but apple is not my religion.
    I will now go and do my penance. :rolleyes:

Oh and by the way - it must be a fiasco... so much so that it's been world news for a week now (on the shortcomings of iOS6), and the fact that Cook had to write an open letter of apology.