Where can I download the Clamshell mode?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SandersHokie, Aug 29, 2007.

1. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

I'm trying to download that program that allows you to close the lid of the laptop for the MBP and keep the Internet active.

I'm not going to do it much, just sometimes when I'm in class I'd like to be able to do it.

Is that OK for the MBP?

thanks!

also, will it still go to sleep at night? I usually play music when I go to sleep, but the laptop's screen cuts off after a while, i'd still like it to do that.

2. mac000 macrumors 6502a

clamshell mode is closing the display after you connect a dvi to dvi to monitor cable and external keyboard and mouse,

the mode is used to accomadate a desktop scenario

think mac mini when laptop is closed

3. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

oh, where can I download the program that will allow me to close my lid and still be connected to the Internet?

4. mac000 macrumors 6502a

try macupdate.com, im not sure what it is called

5. yetieater macrumors regular

Search for InsomniaX. I just downloaded it earlier today.

6. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

dumb question but, how exactly do i get it to just stay connected to the Internet when i shut the lid?

also, by doing that, will it still sleep and night and play music? I'm not going to shut the lid at night, I just want to shut the lid in class and still be connected to the Internet.

7. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

ok i clicked "enable insomnia" so now I can close my lid and stay connected. Will it still go to sleep at night though?

also, can I get that face off my menu bar anyway?

8. yetieater macrumors regular

You'll have to check your Power settings to see if your laptop will go to sleep at night. After a period of inactivity, it will sleep. However, I don't think the laptop will sleep while you are in the process of downloading files.

No clue about getting rid of the icon from the menu bar :(