Where can I download the latest BootCamp suppoert software?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by LMR80, Feb 2, 2017.

1. LMR80 macrumors member

Something went wrong with the support software when installed windows using bootcamp.

Now there isn't any sound coming through the speakers or headphones, and bluetooth doesn't work either.

I've been looking online to download the drivers directly to windows 10 but I can only find old versions.
    I was wondering if anyone knows where I can download the latest support software?

Thanks a lot.

2. LMR80 thread starter macrumors member

3. imacken macrumors 65816

Bootcamp assistant does it for you. One of the options in the menus.

4. LMR80 thread starter macrumors member

It does, and I did that, but some of the elements were corrupted. I later found out the bit that was corrupted were the audio drivers and blue tooth, and needed to reinstall this support software.

However with it being usually installed right at the beginning of the windows installation, I'd need to download the latest ones somewhere online, or I'd have to reinstall windows which obviously I don't want to be doing.

I've seen a lot of older versions avalable for download online but I can't find the latest. The oldest I can find is 2015.

Thanks

5. imacken macrumors 65816

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. You just run the BCA download from within Windows!

6. LMR80 thread starter macrumors member

Oh, I didn't even realise there was a boot camp assistant application on the windows end.

Silly me, I'll check that out.

Thanks

7. imacken macrumors 65816

There isn't! You have to run the file that BCA downloaded on the Mac side from Windows.

8. LMR80 thread starter macrumors member

okay, I'll have a look and see if I can sort it out.

Cheers