Where can i email a complaint to apple about all these MacBook Problems.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lordillingworth, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Lordillingworth macrumors regular

Hello, you may have seen my other post about my faulty MacBook Pro's, i cannot afford to wait around for endless repairs and replacements and i would like to make sure i give them a full account of the trouble they have caused which i fear will be impossible to do on the phone.

They seem to have made it as difficult as possible to complain unless you do so on their terms, i can't see anything on the support page so could somebody point me in the right direction, i am from the UK, thanks.

The complain is as follows for anyone interested:

2. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I would go through that and check your grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure. Make sure you capitalize "I".

3. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

I'm not sure, but capitalizing "i" and correcting "it's" (it's= it is, its= possessive- you got it wrong at least once) would be a good place to start. Besides getting a refund on the hard/software itself though, I think you may be SOL. Some people have done what you've done, and been compensated for whatever other losses were involved, but those cases generally if always involved going to the media, which Apple was quick to satisfy by providing the customers with compensation (which generally meant simply a better computer).
    EDIT- beaten to the punch

4. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

5. Lordillingworth thread starter macrumors regular

lol yes but what is the address!

Also i woz gonna check me gramma!

On a serious note though, this is not a funny matter, i really can't afford to be messing around and i will take this as far as necessary to get a satisfactory outcome, but the further i am inconvenienced the more i will expect from them to put this matter right.
    thanks for the pointers guys.

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

I think that saying that you spent £2000 sounds a bit snobbish, seeing as £700 of that was for software that has nothing to do with the problem. Even if you spent £5000 on software, it does not change the position of the problem with the computer.

7. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

I don't know what the address is, it should be in your apple manual.

8. prism macrumors 6502a

LOL, you cannot expect them to compensate you for travelling to and from the store, it is not their fault that you live some distance from the store!
    I personally don't think you will get more than just a refund.

9. lordthistle macrumors 6502

I wish you good luck.

Each mac bought where I work in the last few months have had at least one defect. This is unacceptable for machines in mbp class, which some people do not use only for syncing the iPod.

In France apple was forced not only to give a refund, but also to compensate for the time wasted in trying to fix the apple computer. Go for it.

thistle

10. Lordillingworth thread starter macrumors regular

So far MCC has accepted they will refund the MacBook Pro, as expected they won't take back the software or offer anything for the trouble, i have been given the name of the head of the company to contact with 'further concerns'.

I see your point, but as far as i am concerned if i only spent £1 i would expect to get a working product, in which case if i pay a lot more money i expect to have a product as close to perfect as possible. I am just emphasising that with all these problems and the seemingly endless list found online from everyone else apple are not justifying the prices they charge for these machines, remember that apparently if you spend more money than you would on a pc and 'get a mac' it 'JUST WORK'S'

Thank you very much for your support, i will do everything in my power to not only get myself compensated but also make as many people as possible aware of the huge amount of problems that people are having with MBP's and Mac's. Lets hope that Apple will do something good with all those BILLIONS of DOLLARS they have.