Where can I find a compact Mac keyboard in the UK?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Dreamkatcha, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Dreamkatcha macrumors regular

Dreamkatcha

Hi,

I'm looking for something like the Happy Hacking Lite 2 or SMK-88 i.e. without the number pad. The new Apple wireless keyboard would be perfect except I don't want to mess about replacing batteries on a desk-bound keyboard.

You can't buy the HH keyboard here because of some bureaucratic plastic regulations, and no-one appears to sell any of the alternatives.

Any ideas?

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Relax, the apple wireless keyboard is good enough, that batteries last forever. and its compact. My friend uses his keyboard 24/7 and he only replaced batteries once in about 2-3 years... by that time, the keys are probably worn off lol.

3. Dreamkatcha thread starter macrumors regular

Dreamkatcha

Hmm, that's interesting. This could tip the balance even if I won't benefit much from it being wireless.

What kind of batteries do they take anyway?

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

They give you 3 batteries (AA) with the keyboard... and its AA batteries.

5. Mangaroo macrumors regular

i dunno about 3 years, but for me they have lasted plenty long and have been using rechargeables since and they last for ages too...i always have a few spare, but have a backup cheap usb keyboard if im ever in a tight spot...even though the charger is a 1 hour charger...still, you never know!

6. Dreamkatcha thread starter macrumors regular

Dreamkatcha

I'm definitely coming round to the idea. You can't get any more standard than AAs so they aren't going to be hard to come by.

7. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

I woudn't say 2-3 years

More a year and a bit if your lucky, it also depends on the batteries etc, pick the good ones, get the good results. they do last quite along time though

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

i said my friend replaced his batteries once (maybe twice) in 2-3 years. sorry if i should of made that more clear. he uses good batteries, energizer lithiums, same as my wireless MM.

9. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

Yeah i miss read sorry mate, there the batteries i was trying to think off :rolleyes:

10. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

lol, its alright no problem, i should of made that clear in the first place. i skipped some crucial details b/c some ppl just cussed at my youtube videos. i was sorta fuming while i was typing a response in this thread.